Chapter 1

A/N:CTO for the cover photo

Althea’s POV

I just finished learning how to play ‘Officially Missing You’ by Tamia when Mr. Schwarzenegger turned to me.

"This is our last lesson together. Someone else will come in tomorrow."

"What? Why?"I asked surprised.

"I'm retiring."

"But Mr.S,"

"I'm sorry, but I’m getting too old to keep teaching.”

“You’re not old…” he chuckled.

“Be good to him okay?"

"I'll try.” I embraced him. We’re really close, he’s been my teacher for almost a decade. He’s like my dad since my real dad never has time for me. He's always at work. When I have problems, he would teach me songs and even told me to make my own to express my feelings.

"I'm going to miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too."

"Well, I have to go now, he’ll be here tomorrow,same time."

"Thank you...for everything." I said on the verge of tears.

"You're welcome sweetheart. Bye.” I opened the door for him and waved goodbye.

"Honey!” My mom hollered.

"Coming!"

"What is it?"

"It's time to eat. How was your lesson?"

"It was great until he told he was retiring."

"Oh, I’m sorry honey, come here, let me give you a hug. “She spread her arms and I hugged her.

“You’ll be fine, your new teacher will be nice too. You’ll be able to relate to him.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yes, honey. Let’s eat?”

“Is dad coming home tonight?” I miss him, when I wake up, he’s gone when he’s here I’m already fast asleep.

“I’m afraid not. He’s packed with meetings.” Mom explained.

“As always.” I mumbled.

“Honey, you have to understand that what he does is for your future.”

“He could’ve at least came to my graduation!” I ran to my room.

“Althea!” I heard my mom yell.

 When I was 3, my dad was always busy. I grew up with my mom. I only get to see him once a month. We used to be really close but he got so busy with work that I feel like I don’t have a dad anymore. He never even bothered to attend my middle school graduation. My dad pretty much missed every important event in my life.

I tried so hard to understand him but I got tired. I sat in front of my piano upstairs and played my favorite piece, the Turkish March by Mozart the very first piece Mr. Schwarzenegger taught me the day I turned 14.He was the one who acted as my dad. He even went to my graduation and we’re not even related. From the very first day he met me, he treated me like a daughter.

I finished the piece and lied on my bed. Soon enough, I was asleep.

David’s POV

Here I am driving to my first student of the day. This girl better be good because I don’t have any time to waste. Today is just a review day Mr. Schwarzenegger told me she is a nice lady, I wouldn’t call someone a lady unless they’re eighteen. Like me. The GPS told me that I’m only half a block away. I listened to the directions and within a couple minutes, I got to her house. It’s a big white mansion. This girl must be a spoiled brat. I pressed the doorbell and the maid welcomed me in.