Chapter 17. Belle

"Mrs. Potts?" Belle asked, slowly pushing open the silent swinging kitchen door.

"Belle!" she said exuberantly from somewhere back there. "What is it, dear? Reconsidering?"

Belle laughed. This morning, she had told Mrs. Potts she could come. "Far from it. I just realized I don't know your address."

"Oh," Mrs. Potts chuckled. "That would be a problem. Come here, I'll write it down for you."

Belle walked forwards, smiling. Mrs. Potts was scribbling something down on a napkin. She turned around. "Here you go, dear."

Belle smiled brightly. "Thanks!"

"Oh, I forgot to ask, are you allergic to anything? Or is there anything you really don't like?"

Belle shook her head. "Nope. Unless you'll be serving your food with pollen on it," she said with a teasing smile.

Mrs. Potts laughed heartily. "That would be a dish," she muttered. "See you tonight, dear!"

"Ok! Thanks again!" Belle called, walking out.

She was deep in thought as she walked to her car. Today had been little different than yesterday, except she had ignored Adam in chorus. But social studies was the exact same.

Her mind flashbacked to the class as she climbed in her car and started the ignition.

"Here's a list of topics I came up with," Belle said, pushing a piece of paper over to him. He picked it up begrudgingly, and scanned it. "I don't like any of them," he said after a moment.

Belle was taken aback, and a little angry. "What?! There's like twenty ideas on there! Did you even read them all?"

"Yes," he said gruffly, looking away.

Belle raised a skeptical eyebrow. There was no WAY he read and considered all of them that quickly. She sighed in frustration. Calling him out on it would only make him angry. And she had seen him angry. It wasn't exactly pretty.

"Well, we're running out of good events in history, so you'll have to decide on something eventually," she snapped.

Brought back to the present, Belle sighed. She was eventually going to have to choose a topic and force it on him, and she knew he wouldn't like that. Neither would she, for that matter.

She pulled into the driveway, sighing. She needed to get ready for tonight.

***

Belle had to double--no, triple--check the address. When she was absolutely POSITIVE it was right, she gawked. How was this possible? Well, of course it was possible, but how could she have guessed?

Mrs. Potts, Chip, and Adam lived in a MANSION.

Seriously. She had never seen a house so big. Her car was currently situated outside the front gate. She had no idea what to do. Mrs. Potts hadn't mentioned a gate.

Then she noticed a small speaker-looking-thing on one of the pillars. She rolled up slowly, leaning out the window and pressed a small button. "Hello?" she said uncertainly.

"Ah, Belle!" said a British man through the crackly speaker. "We've been expecting you! Come in, come in!" The gate silently swung open.

Belle rolled in. The sun was beginning to go down, so the lights lining the driveway were on. The house was absolutely gorgeous. Big and white, it was highly influenced by French architecture, beautiful arches and semi-circle windows, light softly from behind.