Blood Aint No Thicker Than Water ...

"Mama where's daddy?"

"He'll be home in a lil bit baby go play with TC"

She ran off to the den that was now her room to play with TC. Camille stopped by today to help me pack some stuff this morning. Ray said we got to move sooner so I didn't ask no questions I just called up Millie and told her come over and help.

"She's such a daddy's girl."

"I know its crazy. Speaking of daddy's girl, wassup with you and Jordan?"

She sighed and sat forward. She usually did that when she had a story to tell but she looked sad. I got ready to listen.

"We don't talk no more. He's got a new girl and she said she don't want me callin. So the only time we talk is when it involves TC. She's changed him a lot but as long as TC is happy I'm happy."

I felt bad in a way cuz they were in love at one point. I never believed you could fall out of love but they were proof. People change. Yeah they were happy once but that's the past. I'm just glad she's decided to move on instead of dwell on it.

"Does TC like her?"

"He hasn't brought her around. He told me she didn't like me calling him and asked me not to call unless it was about TC so that there was no drama. And I'd rather it be this way then have TC around us arguing."

I was proud of Camille. She had really grown up. Her and TC had their own place she was working a normal job. She's changed a lot. Plus TC is finally happy living with her mommy so I can't complain.

"Well as long as TC's happy."

Just then the door swung open and Ray walked in still dressed in his work uniform. He had grease on his arms and hands and he looked so tired. He walked over and kissed my forehead.

"Wassup Camille?"

"Hey. You look tired."

"Shit you already know. Babe imma go take a shower."

He walked down the hall to his room. Camille's phone started ringing so I walked out to check on the girls. I heard the shower running from Rays room on the way there. I stood in the door way and watched them as they brushed their babrie's hair. It didn't take Layken long to notice me standing there.

"Daddy back?"

"He's in the shower baby. Yall start cleanin up these toys."

"Auntie Liz can I spend the night?"

"You have school tomorrow baby. Maybe after I move you and Layken can have a sleep over at the knew house."

She nodded. I walked out the room back down the hall to the living room. Camille was standing up putting her purse over her shoulder.

"Yall leavin?"

"Yeah I gotta make dinner and get her to bed so I can finish up some homework."

"Well ill talk to you later.. Yall be careful."

I hugged her and she picked TC up. I gave TC a kiss and picked up Layken walking them outside. Layken waved till she couldn't see them anymore. I walked back inside locking the door.

"I hungry mama."

"Well what do you want tonight? You pick."

I sat her on the counter in the kitchen and pulled out the phone book and began flipping through the pages.

"I want pizza."

"Alright go get cleaned up and ill call them. You want pepperoni's?"

She nodded. I put her down so she could get cleaned up and called the pizza place. It should be here in about 20 minutes. I walked to Rays room and found Ray laying on the bed in some sweat pants. You could still smell his body wash from his shower.