Let The Games Begin ..

Lizette

I was woke up by Layken's high pitch scream. With the shit that's been goin on lately it scared me. I jumped out of bed and ran down the hall only to see Ray and Layken playing on the floor. Layken was laughing. I sighed holding my chest. I swear I thought she was hurt. Maybe I'm just trippin ..

"Mornin mommy" She greeted me in her little angelic voice. I smiled relieved that she was okay.

"Good mornin baby girl"

"Ray did you turn off my alarm clock?" I noticed that it was 10 in the morning and I was 2 hours late for work.

"Go get your back pack baby." He said sending her down the hall. I crossed my arms as he approached me.

"Before yo ass start trippin. I called in for you today. Jasmine's gon fill in for you." I looked at him wide eyed. "I got some planned for us." He said smirking pulling me to him.

"What about Layken?"

" Imma drop her off at daycare while you get ready " He said pecking my lips.

"I weady daddy" Laken said walking back with her bag. You could tell Ray got her ready cuz she was dressed like a little tomboy. She looked so cute in her jeans and jersey with matching J's. He left her hair down of course cuz he liked her hair down. She looked all g'd up. I smiled at the thought.

"Tell mama bye" Ray said grabbing his keys. I picked her up and gave her a kiss.

"You gonna be a good girl for mama?"

"I always good"

"Tell her baby." Ray said taking her from me.

"Wuv yu!"

"Luv yu too baby." And with that they walked out the house. This wasn't like Ray to call in for me so I know this should be good.

*

I looked over at Ray with a questionable look as we pulled up in front of this really nice house. All he did was smirk and turn off the car. I noticed a middle aged woman walk out holding a folder in front of her. To be honest she looked just like a realtor.

"You just gon sit there or are you gonna get out?"

He was already out of the car and standing by my door. I got out slowly putting my purse over my shoulder. Ray shut my door and locked the car. I looked around at the neighborhood and it was really nice. There were kids playing outside it was quiet and peaceful. This is what I wanted for Layken. And she will have it one day when I can give it to her. I just don't understand why we were here.

"Hi you must be Mrs. Carter?"

I looked at Ray and he just had this goofy ass smile. I giggled and shook her hand.

"That would be me."

"Well let's get started shall we?"

Ray held my hand as we walked around the house. It was really nice. It was a 4 bedroom 3 bath with a huge back yard with a pool. It was very spacious and seemed perfect. I still wasn't sure why we were here but I was starting to get an idea. The realtor who went by the name of Rochelle left us in the master bedroom to talk. Ray wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed my neck.

"You like it?"

"I love it but babe what are you doin?"

"I'm givin my girls the life they deserve." I smiled at the thought. I turned around wrapping my arms around his neck while he placed his around my waist.

"You really wanna do this?"

"I'm wid it if you are"

I stood on my tip toes and kissed him. I felt him smile into the kiss. We walked to the family room where Rochelle was sitting on her phone. When she seen us walking into the room she smiled and told the person she was talking to that she would call them back. She stood up.