Priceless....

"Are you sure you dont mind watching her this weekend?" I asked my mom. She nodded handing me my purse. 

"Yes now go on. She'll be fine." She said. I sighed. I had found us an appartment and i needed to get all moved in before Layken could see it. I wanted her to come home to a finished house. And it would be too much hastle to watch her and unpack. 

"Okay. Bye baby i love you." I said hugging her. Then i bent down so that i was at Laykens level. "Will you be good for grama?" I asked her. I could see her eyes getting tearing then she just busted out crying. 

"Stay mama!" She cried holding onto me. It broke my heart. I picked her up and held her. 

"Mama has to go. Dont you wanna see your new house?" I asked her. She nodded. "Then you gotta stay here so i can get it ready." I said trying to make her feel better. 

"I dont wan you tew weave." She said hugging me tighter. To be honest i was scared about leaving her. Ive been away from her this long either.  

"Layken look at me." I said. She sniffed and looked at me with red puffy eyes. "Dont you want your princess room?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded. 

"Yes cuz i a pwincess." She said. I smiled and my mom laughed. 

"Then you gotta let mommy go set it up." I said. She nodded but looked sad. "You cant be sad anymore though or else mommys gonna be sad." I told her. She wiped her eyes. 

"I dont wan mommy sad." She said. I nodded and kissed her forehead. 

"Than no more tears?" I asked her. She nodded and gave me a thumbs up. I did one back. Ray taught her how to do that when she was a baby. It was so cute. He was so proud of himself. I passed her to my mom and walked out to my car before she could cry again. I hated seeing my baby girl cry. But Ill do anything to make her smile. I got in my car and drove to the appartment. About 5 minutes after i showed up Mike and his brothers showed up to move everything in. While they moved the furniture i put things away. It was about 8:30 when they were done. 

"Aight you all set baby girl?" Mike asked as he got ready to leave. 

"Yeah. Thank you." I said hugging him. 

"No problem." He said pulling away. "You sure your gonna be okay here by yourself?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Yeah im probly gonna be up all night unpacking. I need to get Layken here asap." I said. Mike chuckled. 

"Yeah. But we'll take care of her. If you need anything im just a call away." He said. I nodded and he left. I shut and locked the door. I had alot to do. 

*

It was about 5:30 and i had just finished Laykens room. I grabbed my phone and called my mom to bring Layken over. She said she would drop her off after they left the zoo. I sat down at the bar in the kitchen when my phone started to ring.

Me- Hello?

??- Hi. Is this Lizette Hernandez?

Me- Yes. Who is this?

??- This is Joey from County Jail Rahab Center (IDK) And We Have Rashaun Carter here.

Me- (Pause)....Um okay?

Joey- Well we cant release him unless we know for sure he has a place to stay. 

Me- Sorry but what does this have to do with me?

Joey- Well your the only one we have down that has a stable living area. Would be okay is we send him there?

Me- Um. Sure...