No Mutual Feelings....

Lizette's POV

"Wake up baby girl" I said to my sleeping Layken. It was 6 in the morning and I needed to get to work and get her to daycare.  

She started rubbing her eyes so I pulled her hands away.

"Dont rub your eyes" I said picking her up. She rested her head on my shoulder as I carried her to the bathroom. I gave her a bath and got her ready.

"Mom!" I yelled from my room. This was an everyday thing. I got Layken up and ready and then my mom took her so I could go to work. I work at a doctors office as a receptionist. After I moved in with my mom I got caught up in school and graduated early.

"You ready for breakfast hun?" My mom asked taking Layken from me.

"I wan pancakes!" She said excited. I smiled.

"Let's go then." She said walking out the room leaving me to get ready.

After I got ready I went downstairs greeted by my mom and her new husband Mike. Yup my mom got married. She ended up leaving the other dude and I guess fell for this one. He is the nicest guy ever. I wish she would've met him sooner.

"You gonna eat hun?" My mom asked. I shook my head and poured me some orange juice.

"You need to eat." She said glaring at me.

"Im fine mom. I'm gonna pick up sum on the way." I assured her. She nodded. Things between us have gotten better. We talked about everything and put it in the past where it belonged.

"You ready baby?" I asked Layken. She nodded. "Give grama and grampa kiss." I said. She called Mike grampa cuz he's been around since she was little.

"Bye." I said picking her up from Mikes lap and grabbing my purse.

*

"You be good for mama okay?" I said kneeling down to Layken's level. She nodded.

"What do you do when you have to go potty?" I asked her making sure she remembered. She was potty trained but won't tell anyone she has to go. She gets embarrassed.

"I tell teacher?" She said more as a question tilting her head to the side.

"Good girl." I said kissing her cheek. "Now be good" I said handing her to her teacher.

"Have a good day." Her teacher Macy said. I smiled and walked out. It was so hard to take her at first cuz all she did was cry. But now she loves it. I drove to Starbucks and got me a vanilla bean drink and a muffin and was on my way to work.

When I walked in I was greeted by Jazmine. She was the other girl I worked with at the front desk. She was cool. Shes the same age as me and has a kid as well. We had a lot in common except her baby's dad was around.

"Hey girl." She said sipping her coffee. I smiled.

"Hey." I said. I was in a good mood today. Which meant today was going to go well. I hope.

"Your in a good mood this morning. Layken feeling better?" She asked. I nodded. Layken was sick all week last week so I had been stressed.

"Yeah. The doctor told me she has asthma so I have to go pick her up an inhaler later today." I said putting my purse in the bottom draw of the desk.

"Poor baby." She said making a frowning face. "Did you put a humidifier in her room?" She asked. I nodded.

"I bought one on Saturday. And ever since she doesn't wake up choking."

"Good." She said. We got quiet when our boss walked in.

"Good morning ladies." He greeted us. We smiled and said good morning in return.