Separated by a Fence (12)

Chapter Twelve

“Hey honey?” I whirled around to see Seth and Mum standing near the front door. They were dressed up-not too fancy, but not too shabby either. Huh, where were THEY going?

“Uh...why are you guys all dressed up?” I questioned, leaning against the wall.

“We’re going to visit Maya, but I’m assuming you don’t want to dress up at this time of the night and go visit?” Seth told me.

It was 7, and I loved Maya, but I really could not be bothered changing. It was a Friday night, and my main focus for tonight was to do something to keep my mind off Sunday. Argh, damn...I just made myself think about Sunday again. Great.

“Alright, Oliver’s out with his football team partying,” Mum rolled her eyes. “Um, and Skyler’s having a sleepover at Cody’s house-hopefully with adult supervision. So you have the whole house to yourself.”

I smiled. THANK you very much. “Alright, have fun kids! Are you going out for dinner?”

Seth opened the front door, and they stepped out. Brrr, it was goddamn FREEZING out there. I stepped back into the warm house, and waved goodbye to them.

          “Yeah, we’re having dinner at a diner or maybe grab some Chinese takeaway,” Mum told me. “Don’t worry about us. Now, there should be quite a lot of leftovers, and frozen stuff in the fridge, so go and rummage through and eat what you want. You can invite Aaron and Jodie over-I don’t mind. But please...I do not want to come home and find stains all over my carpet, drinks littered everywhere, and unconscious people lying everywhere.”

          I chuckled. “Of course Mum. You know I’m the sensible one.”

They got in Seth’s car, and waved goodbye to me. I waved back, and then shut the door, locking it. Damn yeah, I had the whole house to myself! And no, I wasn’t going to be stupid and throw a party.

Okay dinner. I danced to the kitchen, and started searching for an appropriate dinner. Hmmm. There was...leftover meatloaf, microwavable meals (like noodles), frozen pizzas and yesterday’s spaghetti bolognese. I decided to heat up a frozen pizza. I grabbed all the boxes, going through them.

          Margharita, Hawaiian, Pepperoni, Meatlover, and cheese. I went for cheese, because then I could throw in whatever toppings I wanted without making the pizza taste bad.

I heated up the oven, and shoved the pizza in. I skidded into the living room, and switched on the TV. Oh please let there be a good movie, or some TV Show marathon on!

A three-episode marathon of The Big Bang Theory (that show was alright-but I’d already seen the episodes), an episode of Pretty Little Liars (Season One finale-which I’d seen a MILLION times), an episode of The Mentalist, marathon of Glee (ugh, hated that show)...and Easy A (Seen a bajillion times), some horror movie and The Avengers (premiere) were on. Oooh, I’d seen The Avengers loads of times, but you can never get sick of it.

          After watching it until the bit where Hawkeye and his crew start attacking S.H.I.E.L.D ‘s spaceship shuttle thingo, and rescue Loki I heard the alarm ding. Yay, my pizza was ready. I pranced into the kitchen once again, and grabbed the pizza from the oven. Mmmm. The cheese was bubbling over, and I was so tempted to just eat the whole thing right then.

I grabbed all the toppings available in my kitchen, and set them all out on the kitchen bench. First I squirted lots of tomato sauce on, tomato sauce overload much? Then I tossed on pineapple slices, pieces of ham, basil, cucumber slices and mozzarella cheese. I know, overload of cheese.