Separated by a Fence (22)

Chapter Twenty Two

☮Montana☮

The next morning, I got up really groggily, mainly because I’d spent the most of last night chatting to Jodie and just watching The Vampire Diaries (which is my life, FYI).

I threw on a white cropped top that said TOO CUTE FOR YOU in black capitals, and then a pair of high-waisted black shorts. Then I quickly applied concealer, lipstick, mascara and eyeliner and I was done.

I hurried downstairs, where Skyler was sitting, scrolling through Instagram, while sipping down orange juice.

She glanced up, and her eyes lit up when she saw me.

“Hey, how was the date?” Skyler questioned, slapping her phone onto the counter.

I chuckled, shaking her head, heading over to the fridge, where I got out the pitcher of orange juice. “You don’t even what to know.”

Her face fell. “Did it not end well?”

I grinned, grabbing a glass before pouring orange juice in it. “It started and ended well. But the middle, I got Coke poured over me, so…”

“Whoa, Coke?” Skyler questioned, eyebrows raised. “Accident or purpose?”

“Purpose,” I replied, quickly grabbing my favourite Chobani Greek Vanilla Yoghurt and grabbing some strawberries and blueberries to go with it.

Skyler’s eyes grew wider. “What the hell? Please explain!”

I sighed, piling my food into a bowl. “Basically, Rochelle and Sam were seated behind Zac and I, and Rochelle went ape-shi-

“Whoa there, language!” Skyler interrupted me, smirking.

I rolled my eyes. “Anyway, she went crazy and dumped Coke all over me. But then Zac took me to a restaurant that has this really amazing playground thing, and it was so fun. So…apart from the whole Coke dumping thing…the date was really good.”

Skyler shook her head. “That girl is crazy. I feel so sorry for you, honestly.”

I nodded. “Thanks. That really makes me feel better.”

Skyler grinned. “Well, have fun at school.”

“So how’s the situation with Cody?” I questioned. “I mean…are you over him? Has he tried to call you or anything.”

Skyler’s face turned to a stony frown. “My friend, Yvette saw Cody and Meghan Michelder together, having lunch.”

My stomach fell. “Who’s Meghan Michelder?”

Skyler chewed her lip, trying to keep it from quivering. “She’s this girl who’s been after Cody since high school. I bet after she heard we split up, she snatched him right up.”

My sympathy immediately turned into anger. It wasn’t fair for Sky. It was clear she was still in love with Cody, but here she was suffering because of some freak who’d been pining after Cody, and somehow she’d quickly snatched him up just like that.

I really liked Cody, I respected him, he was like the big brother that I’d always hoped for, the one that Oliver never really fulfilled. But, I guess the respect for him really decreased a lot after what he did to Skyler. But despite all that, I still will always have that little 8-10% respect I have for him.

“So, do you think you’re over him?’ I questioned.

Skyler glanced down, contemplating. “I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get over him. But at the same time…I guess I’m starting to get used to not seeing him anymore.”