Separated by a Fence (19)

Chapter Nineteen

☮Montana☮

I rummaged through my wardrobe for something to wear the next morning (aka Tuesday morning). It was quite a cold day, so I had to find a sweater that looked decent enough to wear to school (I had a lot of sweaters that were baggy and old).

Eventually, I found a grey woollen sweater that had a black heart in the middle. Perfect. I teamed it up with a pair of black skinny jeans and a white top for the inside. Then I popped on my grey Vans, white beanie and I propped my black sunglasses on top of head in case the sun came out during the day.

(A/N OUTFIT TO THE SIDE! SO YOU GUYS CAN VISUALISE :) )

My outfit was complete.

I quickly braided my hair into a fishtail braid, and added some natural-looking makeup on. Done.

I headed downstairs, and found Skyler slumped on the kitchen counter. Poor thing.

          “Hey Sky…feeling better?” I questioned, grabbing the orange juice out of the fridge.

She lifted her head, and I could totally tell that she wasn’t. She had dark circles around her eyes, and could honestly be mistaken for a raccoon at that moment. And not only that, but her face was all bloated like those blow-up fishes. Oooh, I was comparing her to animals.

“No,” she croaked. “I feel freakin’ awful.”
“Did you try calling him back?” I asked, pouring myself some orange juice into a glass.

Skyler showed me her phone. She’d called him 26 times. Ouch.

          “Maybe I should just forget about him,” she sighed, propping her elbows up on the counter and resting her head on her fists.

I nodded. “That’s a good idea. A boy isn’t worth it if he miscalls 26 times, and pushes you out the door and slams the door in your face. As much as I loved Cody.’

Skyler smiled, weakly. “I suppose your right. It’s just…it’ll be hard to let go. I mean…he was the most serious boyfriend I’ve ever had…I loved him.”

I chewed my lip. “I know…I’m sorry.”

She shrugged. “You know what? I’m sick of this. I’m sick of hanging around and being depressed. I’m sick of him not receiving my calls. I’m sick of lying on my bed watching sad movies. I’m sick of crying every freakin’ 2 minutes. I’m sick of watching my phone 24/7, waiting for him to call back. I’m done. I’m going to completely start over, and forget that I ever met Cody Mitchell. He can just go and meet some girl who trusts him with all her freakin’ heart or whatever, and he can ride off with her and have a stupid happy ending. I don’t care.”

I was really stunned by her sudden outburst, but proud of her for moving on. It wouldn’t really help her if she just moped around the rest of her life.

She tapped on her Contacts on her phone, and deleted Cody’s contact

“Step One of Mission: Move On, complete,” declared Skyler. “Now for Step Two…get rid of all the tissues lying around in this house.”

She marched off, and I chuckled, shaking my head.

She was the craziest person I knew.

After chowing down some yoghurt, muesli and berries down, I went and brushed my teeth. Then I grabbed my bag, chucked my iPhone into my jeans’ pocket – and I was ready to go.