Separated by a Fence (21)

Chapter Twenty-One

 AMAZING AND FAVE SONG TO THE SIDE >>> LISTEN  TO IT WHILE READING THIS! 

☮Montana☮

I ran straight to the toilets, and unfortunately, there were two teenage girls standing in front of the mirror, and an middle-aged lady helping her little girl to dry her hands.

They all turned to saw me, and gaped at me.

I wouldn’t be surprised. I think I’d be a BIT surprised to see a girl standing there, with eyeliner and mascara running, and her hair matted with Coke, and her clothes drenched with Coke.

“Come on Ruby,” the woman whispered, before hurrying the girl out, like she was scared they were going to catch something from me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, and ducked into a toilet cubicle, locking the door after me. I flung the toilet seat down, and sank down on it, trying hard not to burst into more tears.

I grabbed the toilet roll and tried my best to wipe off all the gross stuff off my face.

“I’m guessing her ex broke up with her,” I heard one of the girls whisper to the other.

“Yeah, and then she got mad and just spazzed out, and accidentally knocked Coke all over herself,” the other one whispered back.

Once I was sure that I’d wiped everything off and flushed it down the toilet, I opened the door and got out of the cubicle.

The two girls were still there, but they were retouching their makeup. They both whirled around to the sound of the door opening, and stood there, gawping at me.

I bravely made my way to the mirror. Thank the lord that I’d wiped away the mascara and eyeliner and most of the Coke off. My hair was still drenched with Coke and so were my clothes.

I tried to wrench all the Coke out of my hair into the sink.

The blonde girl wrinkled her nose, stepping away from me a bit.

The other girl stood there examining me, pursing her lips.

I tried to wash my hair with the sink water, trying to get the Coke smell out of my hair.

“Here.”

I turned around to see the non-blonde girl (aka, light brown hair) standing there, with her eyes narrowed, thrusting a Maybelline Rocket Mascara in my direction.

I gaped at her for a while.

“Do you want it or not?” the girl snapped.

I nodded slowly, trying to wrap my head around the fact that the girl who had been insulting me or whatever, was offering mascara.

I took it. “T-Thanks.”

The girl shrugged. “You don’t have Coke on your eyelashes…do you?”

I shook my head. “No, I washed my face a thousand times.”

It felt kinda weird, standing there and applying the mascara while the two girls were watching me. I did two coats, before handing the mascara back to the girl.

“Um, thank you for that,” I said, offering a small smile.

The blonde girl stepped forward. “What happened?” she asked bluntly.

The brown-haired girl slapped the blonde on the arm. “Rachael! You can’t just ask someone that!”

Rachael rolled her eyes, turning to face me. ‘You don’t mind, do you?”