Separated by a Fence (26)

Chapter Twenty Six

(Guys, SBAF is coming to an end!!!! There are 30 chapters in total. And frankly, these last few chapters are the best part of the story, personally)

Montana

It was Friday morning, and I didn’t feel like going to school. I’d literally slept at 2pm, watching countless episodes of Gossip Girl to try get my mind off what was happening between Sam and Rochelle. It truly wasn’t any of business, and I was supposed to be hating him, and probably ENCOURAGING Rochelle to break his heart. But strangely, I wanted to help him. I wanted to help him see that Rochelle was a complete b*tch, and he was was purely wasting time together.

But why was I wanting to help him? How had I suddenly gone from hating his guts to wanting to help him?

My guess was that it was probably because of us spending so much time together, through the project. I’d really gotten to know Sam more than just the irritating next-door neighbour who’d I’d grown up hating. Marcus had played a giant part in that, because whenever Sam and I were near him, we tried as hard as we could to not break into a fight. And slowly, that had gotten easier. Now, judging from yesterday (apart from the end), we could actually have proper conversations.

Were we becoming friends? That was extremely hard to believe…

I rolled out of bed groaning, and then I realised it was Friday. Aka, the weekend was one day away! Aka Miranda and Marcus’s birthday.

I lazily changed into a basic white shirt, black leggings, and I threw a grey cardigan on top and I paired it all with a red infinity scarf and my favourite pair of brown boots.

I tossed my hair into messy braid before deciding to go with the whole natural makeup look, and just dusting on some BB cream, mascara, a bit of blush and some lip gloss. Splashing on some body spray, I noticed that I was running late and Oliver was probably downstairs waiting for me.

Then I grabbed my bag, and shoved all my stuff into it, before racing downstairs. I spotted Oliver learning on his car, and when he spotted me, he yelled ‘HURRY UP!” , in a not so polite manner.

I plucked a banana from the fruit bowl, and grabbed a tub of strawberry yoghurt and a plastic spoon, before zooming out.

We hopped into the car, and Oliver blasted his gangster rap music which he impaired my hearing by every day.

We arrived at school, and I hurried to my office, leaving Oliver to his adoring crowd of wannabe girlfriends and his loser football freak friends.

I opened the door to see Jodie doing yoga peacefully on the floor, and Miranda typing away at her desk.

“Hey guys,” I greeted them, shutting the door, and striding towards my desk.

“Hello Montana,” smiled Miranda.

Jodie slowly peeled open her eyes. “Hello.”

Then she shut them, and got into a calm sitting position. Recently, Jodie had been getting into yoga ever since she read on some stupid website that yoga makes your creativity flow more freely. Hahaha, bull crap. But Jodie seemed to believe it, and she had only been doing yoga at home, but now it seemed that she was so into it, she wanted to bring it all to school.

“You better not disturb her,” Miranda told me. “She’s in her ‘zen’ mode.”

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head, before sinking down at my desk, throwing my bag onto it.