The Nature of Angels: Forbidden Love

Username: AlyxMck

Synopsis: When Esther, the daughter of the most powerful angel, meets Poseidon - God of the sea, she falls for his deep blue eyes and charming manner. Her father is convinced that the Gods are trying to over throw him so Esther is forced into an arranged marriage.

Poseidon is oblivious to the chaos that is happening within the bureaucracy; his two brothers are the ones who normally sort it all out. When he meets Esther, her long flowing black hair sends electric shocks down his spine, making him want her.

 Will Poseidon’s desire and Esther’s love be kept apart or will they give in to their forbidden love

            The first thing I have to say is that the synopsis was very well written. Usually I’m all for less is more. In this case the author gave just the right amount of information to draw us in.

            I have to say that as I read the first chapter I became hooked. I enjoyed the spin that the author put on the story. It was enjoyable to read about angels and the fact that they are not perfect. They are flawed just as we are.

            I was a little confused as to where the story was taking place. Was it in heaven? On earth? A completely different place from the two? For a moment I thought it could be in heaven, but then I read where the author stated that angels feared the water, while the narrator enjoyed the unknown, that it relaxed her. That made me think that they were on earth, but I’m still not sure.

            The details in which the author used to describe Ester’s surroundings are simply brilliant. I felt as if I was walking in her shoes. Hearing my footsteps against the cobble stone, or seeing the foliage in the Garden of Eden.

            It intrigued me the way the author embed actual biblical people into their story. Yet, put their own spin on the characters and the actual happenings. The fact that they used such things as the Garden of Eden and the tree of life was also very pleasant.

            There were a few places where there were words missing or that there were run on sentences without a comma here or there, but it wasn’t enough to pull away from the story.

            I actually read the synopsis of the story last as I have been doing with all that I have reviewed and when I discovered that Poseidon would eventually be a part of the story I was more than excited. I have a love for Greek mythology.

            Unfortunately there is only one chapter up, and I found myself trying to scroll a couple of times to get to more. This author has set the bar high for themselves. I’m anxious to see if they will continue to meet it.

            Again, I don’t do it often, but I rate this a 5 out of 5.