2313 A.D

Author: Emily Wilkinson

Username: Emily_Wilkinson

Status: Ongoing

Synopsis: A sudden East German invasion into the USA brings with it the demise of love, family, and freedom for Jewish, Muslim, and gay citizens. This sudden reality couldn't hit harder for thirteen-year-old Avery Schultz, torn violently from her mother in the name of "morality". With a family in shambles, can young Avery learn to overcome the injustice within modern society?

            First off, I just have to say that I stopped reading on wattpad until now. I haven’t read on here in at least in the last year and a half to two years unless asked, but wow am I glad that I started off with this.

            This story is beyond unique and entertaining. From the first sentence I was hooked. Avery is a young girl, how young I’m not exactly sure because that information was not given, who is hiding, trying to survive with her mother who happens to be a lesbian. Her father committed suicide when she was younger and both of those, being a homosexual and committing suicide, are frowned upon in this new world that Emily has so wonderfully created.

            It’s intriguing to read something out of the ordinary. Normally, I’m not one for such stories, but this one has completely changed my mind. I would definitely have to put it in a class all its own.

            There are a few mistakes such as missed prepositions, or incorrect word usage. For example, the author used beated, when technically that isn’t a word, so it should have been “beat was”. But, no one’s perfect. If we were then life would be boring. The very few mistakes, however, do not take away from the events of the story or the way they flow together.

            Transitioning from one situation to another was very well written in this story. The author stated that they didn’t like too many point of view changes in a first person story, but did a flawless job shifting us from Avery to Maureen’s POV. Job well done on that, because honestly it isn’t easy.

            I would definitely recommend this book to all of those that like to read about future societal differences. This is a fresh new idea, for the simple fact that nothing has been done quite like it. As an English major I read a lot of literature, so I’ve come across a few with “Big Brother” aspects, but none quite like this.

            I wish the author the best of luck, and I look forward to reading more of this work and more future works from Emily as well.

            I don’t do it often, but I give this book a 5 out of 5.

¤WickedMindz¤