the beginning

I was alone. What was I to do without my love? He overdosed. Sipped just a little bit too much of that cough syrup. The only thing I could think to do was cry for help on my brother’s doorstep. Would he take me back? After I had been so mean and took off with my drug addicted boyfriend? But I had been in love, could he blame me? He knows such love, he is married after all. He’s all I have left, with my boyfriend and both parents dead, where else could I go? Nowhere, he is my only chance.

          When the front door opened and my brother’s face was revealed I almost broke down. I’d forgotten how much he resembled my dead father, with his clean cut dark brown hair and blue-green eyes. His eyes were colder though, unloving…. towards me anyway.

“What do you want?” he snorted, I can’t blame him for acting like this. I deserved it.

“Its Dakota…he’s dead.” I managed to choke out after a long pause.

My brothers eyes softened for a split second but turned cold again as he started to shut the door.

“Jordan, PLEASE!” I half yelled as I stuck my arm in the door, stopping it from closing on me. I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes as I managed to croak out a light

“Help me”

This time, when Jordan’s eyes softened they stayed that way and I sighed from relief when he opened the door slowly allowing me to enter his beautiful house.

It was small, sure but it was wonderful. As soon as I walked in I could feel myself being surrounded by love. I felt so safe.

Jordan’s wife Monica came around the corner quickly but stopped abruptly when she saw me. I had only met her once before and it was at their wedding a year ago.

 She shot my brother a look before gesturing for him to follow her. He followed her quickly, leaving me alone in the entry way.

It was close to ten minutes before they returned, and when they did Monica shot me a glare and I gave one back. Jordan interrupted us by clearing his throat loudly and my eyes snapped to him instead.

“Gena…you remember James right?” Jordan asked, getting my attention.

“Wilson?” I asked to clarify. Jordan nodded and I smiled to myself. James was a good friend of my brothers, and one of the best guys I knew.

“Yeah, of course!” I said, excited now.

“Well Monica and I think you should move in with him, because honestly we don’t have the room to house you right now.” The excitement was drained just like that.

My own brother didn’t even want me.

I did nothing but nod as I followed my brother back out the doorway and into his high-horse car.

I sobbed silently on the way to my new home.

*AUTHORS NOTE*  hi everyone! so this is my first story and i hope it turns out okay! let me know if i should continue or not!! :) xx