Chapter 24:I loved you

I collapsed onto the floor and took a deep breathe. That was the most hardest training I have ever had to go through! I looked around and saw others feel the same way.

Everyone was  hurt and tired and medics were going around. One came over to me.  “Are you okay?” he asked.

”Just a scratch on my arm.” I replied. ”Well let me take a look.” He  sat down and lifted my sleeve up and saw the slash Anne made.

”That’s not just a scratch. That looks really bad. Here I will bandage it up for you. Who gave it to you?” “Umm..Anne.”

“I see…well she got a really bad one on her toe.” I laughed. ”Were you the one that gave it to her?” He gave me a puzzling look. “Kind of. She was going to hit me again so I had to.”

He laugh. ”No need to tell me. Maybe you should tell it to her.” He pointed his finger where Anne was and once he was done I went over and talked to her.

”Carry,carry look what you did to me!”She of course pointed to her toe which was bleeding like crazy. ”Well look what you  did to me!” I replied showing her the bandage.

”Well I guess where even now. Sit.” She panted the ground next to her. I sat down. ”Did you guys now about the whole test?” Anne took a deep breathe. ”No.We were just as shock as you. I don’t know what came over Todd  but I am sure as hell going to find out out. You should rest though. The ceremony is going to be soon.”

I was getting kind of tired so I layed own and the grass and fell asleep underneath the stars.

_________________________________________________

“Carry wake up! The ceremony is starting!” Charlie said as she was shaking me. I woke up. ”Are you series. Why didn’t Anne wake me up?”

“She had to leave, but come on!” Charlie grabbed my hand and let me to the courtyard where there was this big fire. Everyone was already around it and me and Charlie joined in.

Todd was in the middle and began to speak. ”Congratulations everyone for making it through ,but you all should now that this is only the beginning. There are bigger monsters out there, who hurt innocent people and our kingdom. Your  job is to protect those innocents and the kingdom with honor. If you cant do that them you can leave right now.”

Everyone looked at each other but no one left. ”Well then…Now this,” Todd had in his hand a glowing piece of metal ”is the tattoo of the Leo. Once on, you are in the brotherhood.”

Todd slowly walked around and burned it into people wrist. No one screamed, they just silently accepted the pain because once done they were a Leo.

Charlie was before me so I saw the pain on her face but when it was done I saw the pride. Todd came over to me. ”Congratulations Catherine. Wear it with pride. The Leo’s are always in your service.” “Thank you” I said quietly and waited for the pain.

I closed my eyes and scrunched my face so I wouldn’t have to scream. I felt the heat but short after the relief. T I opened my eyes and saw it. It was beautiful. A mixture of swirls that ended up to become a lions face.

Once the ceremony was done it was the celebration. There was a huge feats and everyone was letting go. I’m not the part type but I drank here and there.

Charlie however was and by end of the night was very drunk. It was getting dark so I wanted to leave. ”I’m leaving Charlie, Congratulations!” “You to, ”I think she said. I just laughed and walk back to the dorm to get my things.

            I took my uniform and put it in a sack and wore it around my back..I walked through the courtyard and tunnel and ended up outside in the streets. 

it was really dark and I could hear things in the shaow. I quickend my pace and finally reached the house. But  something was worng.

There was blood all over the floor and the door was hide oen. I slowly walked in and saw Henry bandaging someone up on the couch.

            “Henry? What’s wrong?” I asked scared out of mind. “Bryan…Bryan..he ….is ..dead.”

My mind was swirling. I started to cry. The person behind Henry got up. ”Carry,I am so sorry.” It was Lyel.

”What happen!” I asked angrily. “I went to go tell him, and we were at this inn where we thought Liem would be but it was a trap. Bryan..” Lyel started to cry. ”He fought but…in the end it didn’t matter, they had more numbers.”

I felt the angry inside me thas been buliding up. “How did you survive?!” I yelled! ”Carry calm down!” said Henry.

“No,I will not. Why is he still alive and Bryan”I choked on my words “is dead?”

“Carry..it was me and bryan left ,he told me to go back and tell what happen. He said he would be ….right behind me.”

I couldn’t take it anymore. I went to my room and slammed the door. I sat on the bed,

Bryan..he is dead. He was suppose to come back!

I was suppose to say I loved him..

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author note:I am so sorry i had to kill Bryan.It has hard wiritng it....but don't lose hope.