Chapter 12:Fencing

Tod was leading me through very empty hallways. ”Why isn’t anyone here?” Tod looked nervous.

”Actually, I thought that it is best we keep you being here quiet. If that is okay with you?” Carry understood what he meant. She always was treated different when people new who  she was.

” It is fine by me.” “Good. Then here you go. The fencing room.” As I looked through the doors,it was huge. There were some who were fighting others learning stances.

”This is amazing.” “Thank you. Now here is your uniform. I suggest you keep the mask on and you can go change in the girls changing room.” “Thank you again.” “Your welcome!”

I went into the room and changed.I was just about to put on the mask when the door opened.I quickly turned around and put it on.

”You know the mask is really hot.Maybe you should put it on when you fight.” “Ohh..i don’t mind.Umm…..Do you fence?” I mentally hit myself. How stupid is that! Of course she fence.

”Yup,but I am actually not good at it.”the girl said with a sad face. “Really? Who said that?” “Oh, just the best fencer we have. Abby.”

“She actually laughed at me yesterday…” The girl looked very depressed. “Well how about we play and I’ll judge you?”

“Really!!Hardy anyone wants to play with me after what Abby did!Thank you!” Again I was grabbed by the arm and she dragged me into the fencing room. She gave me a foil.

” Here you go. Ohh I almost forgot, my name is Charlie. Yours?” “Car..”. If i tell her my name she might know.” It ‘s Rose.” “That a pretty name. Okay here we go. On guard!”

She was really good. I do not know what the Abby girl was saying.All she need to work on is being direct. She was so caught up in not getting hit she doesn’t attack. Eventually we finish and I won.”

Your good. Just be direct!Actuallyl try to hit the person” “Thanks but your amazing. You need to work with someone who at your level and I think I know just the right person.

BRYAN!”Charlie yelled. Bryan. I thought. He. is here. Maybe it was soemoen else.“You know his dad is the head Leo!” “Yeah”.. Oh nooo it is him and he is coming over. I don’t want him to know who I am.

”What’s up Charlie. What do you need.” “Hi, Bryan. My friend here is really good and she needs a partner.I thought you might help he out.”Charlie said.

“Sure.” He looked at me. ”What is your name?” “Rose” ,I said quietly. ”What did you say?” “Rose,” I said a bit louder.” Come again?” “Rose you maron!!” Bryan laughed.

”I heard you the first time. Okay ill be your partner. Meet me over there.” “Okay.”

Bryan left.” Thanks for the help Charlie.” “No probelm. Thanks for the advice! See you later!”

“Yup” I said quietly. Bryan was of course patiently waiting. I slowly walked up. ”Carry,Carry,Carry..did you really think you can hide from me.”

“For a short time yes. Why didn’t you tell me to fence.?” “You never asked. Anyways someone has to look after you.” “You mean stalk me?” I said. 

 “Sadly yes.”  Carry sighed, ”Can you even fence well?” “As a friend of mine said.. maybe, maybe not…”Bryan laughed.

I was tired of him. “Just shut up. On guard!”