Chapter 21: Getting back on the horse

I  knew it was his voice I heard,trying to make me wake up but why him. Why not my parents? Maybe I did feel something for him…..

For the rest of the night that was all I could think about until I finally fell asleep.But then i had my nightmare again.I tried to look closer and saw that the garden was growing Iris which only grow at he end of summer.So atleast I knew what tiem it was,but if only knew why I was there.

I woke up at dawn. The nurses came and helped me get dressed. Then a hour later Henry came and cheked me out.

            We were  walking though the halls. “I am going back to training right?” I asked earnestly.

”Are you sure, because I was going take you back to the house?” I took a minute to think about it and finally came to a desions.” Yeah I want to finish what I started!”  “Well then you can go but you have to make up the week you lost!” I

was excitied !I was about to go get my uniform when Henry stoped me. ”Your parents would have been proud of you, Carry.” I smiled. “Thank you, you don’t know how much that means to me.” Henry smile. ”Your welcome .No go kick some ass!” I laughed and ran to get dress.

___________________________________________________________________

I decided to get today lesson over with. It was fencing so after  quickly defeating my advisor and ran to the wall. Of course I was nervous cause this is where the accident happened,but I need to get through it to become a Leo. I found a way not to get hit by the paintaballs. The machine always made a noise before it shot so whenever I heard it I ducked. It worked and I made it passed the first task,.

I went on to the second one which was swimming. Of course I had to learn how to swim by my parents order so I passed the task. I quickly got dressed so I wouldn’t miss Todd’s lesson on military and history.

As I sat down I saw Charlie, ”Charlie” I whispered. She turned around and looked happy, “Your okay.” “Yup. Why are here?” I replied back. She look embrassed. ”I falied this part ,so I am taking it again.” “Oh well I am here so we can help each other out.” “Yay!” “Quiet down over there!” yelled Todd.

Charlie and I closed our mouths and listen. First he talked about the history of Nephila which my tutor drilled in to me. So I think I got that pretty covered ,but then he talked abut military strategies and how they have been used over the centuries. It really caught my interest because it took a lot of smarts to make a good one.

Eventually though the lesson was over and he gave our test. It was to  make a battle strategy  by the situation given .He said we can work together so I went over to charlie  and we made one.I t was pretty good so I brought it up to Todd.

”Welcoem back, Carry.” “Thank you,sir. Here is our strategy.” I handed it to him. Sometimes he looked form the paper to me. ”Did you do this?” he asked. I didn’t know what to say. ”Yes she did most of it.” said Charlie. ”Well this Is amazing .I haven’t seem  this kind of work since your great grandfather, Carry. I guess it passed down to you!” I blushed. ”Thank you sir…so did we pass?” “Of course” he yelled.

Charlie jumped and hugged me. ”Thank you so much!” “No problem, but I have to go.” “Why?” Charlie asked. ”I have one more task to do..i think it the maze.” Charlie shook her head. ”That is hard.I  dont even know how I passed! But just stay calm because if freak out, you will never et out!” “Okayy, thank you.” I said as I walked out.

_______________________________________________________________

I ran toward the garden and got to the maze.To my surprise Anne was there. ”Good  to see you better, Carry.Come to do the maze?” “Yes,mamn.”I said, She handed me a lighter. ”Well here is your lighter is case you want to give up. Just though it in the air.” “Okay,” “Good luck!”

I stepped into the maze ,and couldn’t hear anything outside. It was dark but I could see the pathways. The first time I took a path I made it to a dead end. The second time as well. I got frustrated. I just started running everywhere, but I always was stopped by a dead end.

”This is so difficult!!!” I sat down to catch my breathe. I wanted  to give up,but I made it all this way and I am not giving up!So I made a map.I thought of everyway I went and eventually fond a pathway...I was following it when I heard a voice.

“Carrrrrrry….Carrrrrrrryy”I stopped dead in my tracks.I satyed silent. I felt it getting closer.”I am coming for you!” and with that a ran .I didn’t look back. It was taunting me.” I am coming! I Am coming!!” I ran harder,but I tripped and fell.I closed my eyes to scared to look.

“Carry, you okay?”I knew that voice. I opened y eyes and it was just Charlie. I got up and hugged her. “Am,I glad to see you.” She laughed.

“I see that you saw or heard  something didn’t you?” “How did you know?” I asked surprised. “The maze does that to you. It makes you imagine things. Don’t worry about it though its nothing. Anyway I see you are done so come on lets go. This place gives me the creeps.”

I was exhausted and really just wanted to  take a shower. “Fine,lead the way!” I said  as I followed her in.

I looked back at the maze and saw the sun setting, It was beautiful, but I also swear I saw a shadow exit the maze.