01 // нazel green and ѕιlver rιngѕ.

_____________________________

01 // hazel green and silver rings.

"C'mon, suck your stomach in!" Shay urged me. I knew she had spent way too much money on the non-refundable dress and there was no way she was going to make it go to waste. Whether I could breathe in it or not, she was determined to make it fit.

"I'm trying!" I snapped through clenched teeth. I drew in air trying to make my stomach, and whatever else, go in smaller, so that Shay could shove the dress over my head and down my body.

"There," she said, stepping back and admiring her work. A wide smile spread across her face, no doubt because she'd gotten the dress to go on.

I shuffled over to the mirror, anxious to see what the dress looked like on me.

"Fits like a glove," Shay sang as she watched me uncomfortably approach the mirror.

My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at my reflection. Shay went to school for cosmetology and even owned her own beauty salon, so I could always count on her to get my face and hair right, but the dress was way out of my comfort zone.

"A very tight glove," I muttered under my breath.

Shay laughed and sat on the bed to strap on her shoes. Meanwhile, I turned around in the mirror to admire the noticeable butt that the dress gave me. Not only did the dress give me a butt, but it accentuated my chest, making my breasts appear larger than what they really were.

"How do I know this dress won't burst after a few steps?" I asked.

"You dont," Shay giggled. She grabbed her purse off of the bed and turned around to face me. "Ready to go?"

"Errr, yeah," I murmured, trying to adjust and pull down the short, black dress in a way that I found acceptable. Although I didn't mind getting attention from men, I wasn't in the mood for any tonight, nor for the next year at that.

"Come on, you look fine!" Shay said, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me out of the room.

"Ugh, I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. You know I'm not supposed to be clubbing! It's against the rules!"

"I know, but if things go awry, I'm going to need someone to drive me home. That's why you're here. Just don't drink; that's the simple solution. Now let's go!" she said. I could tell she was getting annoyed by my constant resistance. She grabbed my arm and dragged me out the door.

After hailing a taxi and paying the driver, the two of us sat back in the tough cushions of the car, both of us in two totally different moods. Shay was excited, overjoyed that she would be going out to a club to meet boys and drink the night away. I, on the other hand, not so much. I liked going out, but I had been trying to stray away from the partying. I could only hope that this night went by fast. I had only agreed to go out for Shay's sake.

The club was loud, packed and hot. Shay wore the wildest grin and her multicoloured hair danced under the lights of the club.

I hadn't even touched a drink, and already I was beginning to feel dizzy. The lights, the noise and the proximity to everyone was too much for me. Looking across the dance floor of moving bodies, I saw an open seat at the bar. I decided to rush over and take it.

"I'll be over-" I yelled, looking over at Shay. But she was already gone, most likely grinding her butt on a guy who would eventually get lucky.

Pushing through the sweaty bodies of drunk people, I finally reached the seat. I sighed in relief, glad to get away from all the movement. I looked around at all the people who sat at the bright, lighted bar. There was a couple to my left sloppily making out. I instinctively cringed away from them, causing me to accidentally bump into someone on my right.