02 // frappes and naps.

_____________________________

02// frappes and naps.

Five days later, I found myself meeting up with my friends at our local diner. It was a place we visited frequently to catch up and hang out. Every time we came here, we sat in the same booth. Not once had my mind drifted away from Wren. No matter how hard I pushed myself to forget that night, I just couldn't.

Shay sat next to me. I could feel her heated gaze shooting daggers right through my skull. I knew she was still upset about the night at the club when I had 'disappeared into thin air'. Her words not mine. Apparently after hours of dancing and mingling, she found no one who interested her enough to bring home. She went looking for me and became worried when she couldn't find me.

Little did she know that I was only a few floors up, basked in the warmth of Wren's arms.

I pinched myself under the table. Lying, cheating, bastard! I hated him! The whole time he sweet talked me into his bed he had a wife.

Samuel, my best friend, waved his hands in front of me. "Hello? Lesra? You still with us or what?"

I blinked out of my daze and focused on Samuel. His hair was cut into a short fade, and his dark brown skin looked flawless as usual.

"Yeah, I'm listening," I lied. I dipped one of the fries we were all sharing into the pile of ketchup and bit it. I then took a long sip of my frappe. Junk food was also against the rules.

"You sure?" my other guy best friend, Noah, asked. "What did I just say, then?"

I looked at both Shay and Samuel for help, but it was clear they weren't going to come to my aid. I shrugged. "Something smart I'm guessing?"

Noah sighed in annoyance. "Just because I happen to be a lawyer, doesn't mean that I'm always talking about my intellectual pursuits, Lesra."

"Wow, were you talking about something else for a change?" I replied sarcastically. Whatever the topic, Noah always found a way to turn it into something smart, leaving Shay, Samuel and I dumbfounded.

"Alright with the bickering!" Shay jumped in, slapping her hands on the table.

Noah leaned back in his chair and looked out the window. His black hair was combed to the side in it's usual fancy style, and his black framed glasses were perched on the bridge of his nose. To this day, I still never understood why Noah kept us as friends. He was a well paid lawyer, while Shay was a beauty stylist, Samuel was a wannabe model and I worked at the art gallery down the road.

I wanted to tell Shay about my one night stand with Wren, but I was too embarrassed and ashamed to say anything around Noah. Although Noah and I were nothing more than friends, I couldn't help but feel he would judge me if I told him. Now thinking about it, I wasn't even sure how Shay would take the information. After all, it was her older sister's, best friend's baby that I would be carrying. But I would tell her, nonetheless.

It was quiet amongst the four of us, until Samuel jumped in.

"So guess what guys!" He continued, without giving us anytime to answer, "I got booked to do a fashion show!"

"Seriously? That's so cool, because I was booked to do makeup and hair at a fashion show next month!" Shay said.

"Perhaps it's the same one," Samuel said, shimmying his shoulders.

"John Rococo State of the Art Fashion Show?" Shay asked, leaning forward in her seat with excitement.

"That's the one, sista!" Samuel beamed.