26 // charlotte

26 // charlotte

Songs for this chapter:

This Time- John Legend

Fly Before You Fall- Cynthia Erivo

Wrens P.O.V

Two weeks had passed since that tragic night, the night that my daughter who still remained without a name was born.

Two weeks had passed since that tragic night, the night that I last heard the sweet voice of my dear Lesra.

Two weeks had passed since anyone had last saw or heard from Shawna, not that I actually cared about her whereabouts.

Two weeks had passed and I was still pondering and confused about the true maternity of my child.

I had watch her grow and change so much in just her first two weeks of life and it stumped me how more and more many of the features that were on her had begun to make its debut on the baby.

"Hello? Are you hearing me?" The woman in front of me said, waving her hands about.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry," I apologized, shaking my head and putting my previous thoughts to the back of my mind. "What was it that you were saying?"

"I want to rent out the space for four hours," the women repeated herself. She pushed a binder into my hands. "In here you'll find the layout and design for the stage and the play lists for the DJ. I've also added a list of drinks that should be served at the bar. My friend loves cheetah print so just splash it everywhere and if you have any questions or if you need me, for whatever the reason may be, I've left my number inside," she twirled her finger around a strand of blonde hair.

"Okay," I simply said. It surprised me how uninterested I sounded.

"You sound awfully bored," she purred. Her hand landed on my bicep before she gave them a light squeeze. "I mean, if you want to come to the party, just know you've already been invited."

I wrapped my hand around her wrist and pulled them from around my arm. She frowned, clearly upset that I had turned down her advances.

"You've left everything pertaining to the details of the party in here, yeah?" I asked, motioning to the binder.

She nodded her head.

"Then that's all i'll need from you. With a binder so thick with paper, i'm sure I wont need to call you for any reason. I'll see you in two weeks," I finalized. 

I walked pass the lady, her pale face had turned the color of a ripe tomato.

As I walked across the open space of the dance floor that was turned off during the day, my eyes landed on each of my workers in the warehouse. They were all making sure the place was set up for tonight's rave. 

"The order of fifty crates of drinks should be here soon," I called as I passed the bar.

"On it," Jax, one of the best bartenders to work for me replied.

Just because I felt partially lifeless inside didn't mean that the events held at any of my warehouses should be too.

I continued walking until I was out of the general party area and going up the familiar flight of steps. My eyes landed on each one of the new cameras I had installed along the walls of the corridor. I stopped at the black wooden doors and fished out a set of keys from inside of my pocket. After unlocking the door, I stepped into the room and closed it behind me.