05 // sticky situations and eerie feelings.

_____________________________

05 // sticky situations and eerie feelings.

Six weeks later was when the side effects of morning sickness began kicking my ass.

I spent the better of my mornings with my head in the toilet with last nights dinner making it's way the same way it had went down. 

Shawna wanted me to keep her posted on any changes I was experiencing. Since it wasn't her carrying the baby, nor going through the actual pregnancy,  she wanted to experience everything as closely as possible.

I hadn't seen Wren since the day he drove me home. Whenever Shawna invited me over, it just so happened that Wren was out.

Good for me I guess. I just wanted to go through this new stage in my life without any trouble or any glares from him. He wanted nothing to do with me, and I him.

Apparently he wasn't pleased with the fact that I was indeed pregnant with his and his wife's baby. No surprise to me. Shawna still thought that his anger was because he wanted to adopt and not go through surrogacy but I knew better. I knew he was angry because I was the one carrying their child.

Everyday Shawna had hoped that one day he'd come to terms with the new arrangement but after the first few weeks even I had began to lose such hope.

It was the day of the fashion show. Of course I was going to go. I had to show my support for Samuel who would be walking down the stage and Shay who would be behind the scenes working on hair and makeup.

Shay picked me up from my apartment. Her silver jeep was cluttered with boxes of what I suppose held beauty products. The front seat was left open for me but I still had to carry a box on my lap. Samuel was stuffed in the back. His cheek pressed against the window.

"Shay, Sam," I said, greeting my friends as I clicked my seat belt into place.

Shay nodded her head and drove off.

"Damn Lesra, you look terrible like you've seen a ghost or something!" Samuel blurted out.

"Thanks, asshole. And next time I feel nauseous, I'll come running to you. How'd you like that for a face mask?"

I turned around in my seat waiting for his reply. Instead, his face displayed pure disgust.

"That's what I thought," I replied with a cheeky smile. "Blame the morning sickness."

"Shesh, pregnancy seems like hard work," Shay commented. Her eyes were focused on the road in front of her.

"Yeah," I sighed. "The constant bathroom breaks, achy breasts and upset stomach.."

"I'm sure Shawna is happy that you're doing this for her, though. It'll be worth it in the end."

"Yeah..," I trailed off. "About that, there's something that I've been meaning to tell you two for a while now. Can you guys keep a secret?"

"Girl what? Do you not know who we are? We are the freaking secret keepers. Tell us. Tell it all!" Samuel said.

"Okay, okay," I paused. "You guys know Wren, right?" 

The two of them nodded and looked at me as if urging me to hurry and get to the important part.

 "And remember back at the cafe a couple of months back when I told you all about that guy I..slept with?"

Shay turned to look at me as we approached a red light. Her eyes were wide and her lipstick stained mouth hung open. "Lesra.."

"I.. don't get it?" Samuel said from the backseat. I hadn't told them about Wren or anything pertaining to him.