18 // blessing or a curse.

_____________________________

18 // blessing or a curse.

"There's no way that's you," Sam rolled his brown eyes. "No way."

"What do you mean?" I asked my friend. I was sat criss cross on the sofa with my laptop placed on the coffee table in front of me. I had Samuel sitting to my left and Shay seated to my right. 

"I mean," Sam began. He moved to the edge of the sofa to get a better look at the people on the laptop screen. Obviously they were Wren and I but he didn't quite believe it. "The guy looks like Wren, he even shows his face but the girl-"

"Me," I cut him off. "That girl is me!"

"Eh-heem," Sam cleared his throat. "As I was saying, the girl in the video can't be you because as you can see here, she has boobs that can only be explained by plastic surgery and an ass for days!"

I looked at him with a stale face, daring him to say more.

He gulped and turned back to face the screen.

"Maybe this is a good thing, Lesra," Shay shrugged. She already knew that the girl in the video was me. After all, she was the one that made me shimmy my way in to that tight dress that night. The one that made my butt and chest look bigger than what they really were.

"A good thing?" I eyed her up and down like she was a foreign creature. 

"Well, Shawna may or may not know that the girl in the video is you. Your back was to the camera the whole time and it doesn't show your face not once! Your body has changed drastically since that night and so it's hard to tell exactly who it is. Obviously, we know it's Wren. We see his face when he turns back to look down the hall to make sure no one sees him. Shawna knows her husband had an affair so maybe now's the best chance for the two of you to come out and just tell her?"

I uncrossed my legs, stood up and walked to the other side of the table. I paced back and forth with my hand on my forehead.

"Lesra did you hear me? I think you and Wren should tell Shawna about the affair," Shay repeated.

"I heard you the first time, Shay," I murmured, still pacing. "And I think it's the worst idea ever! If she knows, or finds out that the girl was me, this whole surrogacy thing is going to go downhill!" She had already deducted a few thousands at the beginning,saying that she needed the money so her modeling career can take off and go somewhere. The last thing I need is for her to take out more!

"Are you going to show this to Wren?" She asked.

"Of course I am!" I snapped, getting angrier by the second. My hand shot to my mouth. "Oh my God, i'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"It's alright," she replied, holding her hands up. "I'm just going to shut up now."

I nodded and continued to pace back and forth. I was still trying to wrap my mind around the surveillance tape and how in hell Shawna had managed to get her skinny little fingers on it. So many questions swarmed my mind. Did she know the girl in the video was me? Why hadn't she confronted Wren about it? How long had she had the video?

"For fuck's sake Les, can you grab a seat? Back and forth you've walked a least a mile and it's giving me a headache," Sam confessed.

I ran both of my  hands through my hair but listened and took a seat.

"For all we know, Shawna just received that CD and hasn't watched it yet. Her husband owns a club. I wouldn't be surprised if she had her own copy of the footage from all of the cameras."