17 // not so blank disc.

_____________________________

17 // not so blank disc.

"Alright," Noah huffed. He took a step back and used the back of his hand to wipe sweat off his forehead. "What exactly is this?"

"It's my masterpiece," I smiled. I looked down at the one hundred painted canvases sprawled out on the floor with contentment. Each canvases was a piece of the whole puzzle and when arranged together, it created a picture.

"I don't see it," he murmured, trying to decipher what he was looking at. He took out his black framed glasses from his back pocket and slid them on.

"That's because I didn't assemble it yet," I pulled a chair from underneath the kitchen table and sat on it. The sofas were pushed to the side to make room for the canvases.

"Well, are you going to?" He asked when he realized that I had decided to take a seat instead of piecing the painting together.

"No, not when you're here."

"Hey!" Noah exclaimed. "I worked my ass off these past couple of weeks driving here to help you with this. I deserve something in return."

"And i'm extremely thankful that you took the time to do that for me Noah," I replied feeling slightly hurt. "But it's a surprise."

He sighed. "You know i'd do anything for you without a doubt but damn you're so stubborn. I think it all started when you found out that you were pregnant. Look how you cradle your stomach every so often. What did I tell you about there being a bond between you and the baby?"

"I don't 'cradle' my stomach because i'm attached to this baby. I cradle my stomach because it's my stomach and it's growing right before my eyes!" None of the aggravation I felt was new to me. He always found some way to express his opinion on me being pregnant. It was the fact that he still hadn't gotten over it after all these months that made me upset.

"Maybe it's time for you to go," I could feel a random tear sliding down my cheek. Before I could wipe it away, more began to fall.

I was stronger than this! Why the hell was I crying?

"Lesra," he muttered, blue eyes looking concerned. He slowly walked over to where I sat.

"No," I held one hand up and used the other to wipe the salty liquid from my face.

He disregarded my hand and began to rub my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down. I dropped my arm, and let him.

As a lawyer, he had to deal with many clients and their waterworks. Rubbing their shoulders from a distance was his way of being sympathetic.

"Cheer up, Les. I didn't mean to make you upset."

Sure he didn't. "I think it's time for you to go," I shrugged his hand from off of me and opened the front door for him.

He sighed and slowly walked over to where I stood. "I'm sorry. I'm just still getting used to all of this too..."

I avoided eye contact with him and impatiently tapped my foot against the hardwood floor.

"Are we good?" he asked.

I nodded my head. I could never truly be mad at Noah.

He leaned in and laid a light kiss on my forehead before walking out. I closed my eyes, breathed out, and went on to close the door behind him. But before I could, Shawna had magically appeared out of nowhere with her hand gripped onto the handles of her large designer purse.

"Good afternoon," she smiled. "How are you feeling?" Her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail and her outfit looked chic as usual.

I wiped my face to make sure no tears remained and was thankful when they came back dry. "I'm fine," I lied. I know she had just saw Noah kiss me on my forehead but she didn't care as much as Wren used to.