13 // a confession.

_____________________________

13 // a confession.

The next day was very uneventful since there was a thunderstorm. The roads were slippery and the hard pounding of rain made it hard to see clearly; especially through ones' windshield. Wren must have not cared for he had left before I had woke up and I didn't hear the front door open and close again until I was tucked away in bed that same day.

However, the next day was much more eventful.  It was Wednesday, the rain had subsided and it was sunny out.

I jumped in my sleep at the loud ringing of the doorbell. Heart racing, I peered out the window and Wrens car was missing like the day before but in its place stood Shays jeep.

Great.

I swung open the large mahogany front doors and was met with two grinning faces; Shay and Sam.

"What are you lot doing here?" I yawned, leaning against the door for support.

Holding up a cooler in his hand Sam answered, "We're here to barbecue and Shay tells me there's a pool out back?!" Same pushed pass me and entered the house like he owned the place.

Shay shrugged and followed behind him.

"I'm fine with you all being here but Wren..," I stammered.

"What?" Shay asked. "Are you not allowed to have friends over?"

"Of course I'm allowed to have friends over but i'm not sure about this particular friend," I used my hand to draw a imaginary circle around her. "If I remember clearly, the last time you and Wren were in the same room you slapped him!"

Shay smiled to herself as she remembered what had happened.

"So where is he now?" Sam asked, peering up the top of the stairs.

"I don't know. I just woke up," I motioned down to my pajamas.

"It's almost twelve in the afternoon, Les!" Shay said. 

"Yeah so why don't you go slide that fine ass of yours into a swimsuit. How about one of the ones you bought at the mall?" Samuel suggested. They were both dressed as if they were going to the beach. Sam in his stripped swim shorts and Shay in a beach dress with the strings from her bikini underneath tied around her neck.

"Wait, what?" Shay asked, confused. "I don't remember you buying any swimsuits at the mall."

"Well yeah," Sam said, rolling his eyes. "While you were off having a family reunion with one of the many cousins you seem to have, Lesra and I made a pit stop to Victoria Secret."

"Yeah," I murmured, thinking back to two nights ago when Wren walked in on me acting a fool in one of the lingerie's Sam suggested I buy. "Okay, so, pool out back?" I suggested before Sam could mention any other purchases made that day. 

"Yes, please. I could use a decent tan by the poolside."

 .

Sam had set up the stereo and music blasted throughout the backyard. Noah, who had arrived not too long ago from work was on the grill flipping burgers. I watched as he dug into his black apron that protected his cargo shorts and a white shirt from stains for a spatula. Shay sat next to me, her eyes covered by dark sunglasses; both of our toes dipped into the cool pool.

Shay, who had next to an amazing body, lost the sundress and the swimsuit that was underneath was revealed. She slipped into the pool until her head was fully submerged under the clear water. Her colorful hair was matted across her face once she came up for air.