Chapter 23. Crumble.

Jack's POV
We approached the mall in a flurry of panic. Rapunzel was in my arms still out cold. Beads of sweat were forming on her pale skin which was a sickly grey colour.
"Almost there baby!" I cried breathlessly. By my side Merida, Hiccup and Emma were panting as they ran.
"I see the entrance!" Emma yelled. I nodded in acknowledgement and powered forward. Hiccup kicked down the door and we bundled inside.
"Where's Esmerelda?" Merida questioned frantically.
"There's no time to look for her Mer, Jack get Punzie to the Pharmacy." Hiccup bellowed.
"I look for her." Emma volunteered.
"You're not going alone Emma!" I cried.
"I'll go." Merida shouted at us. With that her and Em jogged off. Hiccup and I hurried to the pharmacy. Once inside Hiccup swiped all the contents of a display table onto the floor to make space so I could lay Rapunzel down.
Bloody was running out of her side like a river and a pool was already forming on the floor.
"Jack find me a stitches kit!" Hiccup yelled. I nodded and ran through the Isles looking for a first aid kit. Eventually I came across one and tossed it over to Hiccup. Immediately, he cracked it open and began to clean up Pumzel's wound. After he began to stitch her flesh together, closing the wound and stopping the blood flow.
"Is she going to be okay?" I murmured sadly. Hiccup sighed heavily.
"I-I don't know Jack, she's lost so much blood it's hard to even make an estimate. Plus Beast beat her up pretty badly." Hiccup whispered. Tears began to trickle down his face as he looked upon her.
"I don't want to loose her Hic, I love her so much and I haven't even gotten the chance to tell her that." I croaked, now tears were spilling down my face.
"I love her too, she's my best friend, I've known her practically my whole life." Hiccup sobbed. We knelt down either side of the table and took hold of a hand each. Her skin was cold and clammy. I stroked her dull blonde hair out of her face and lightly pecked her lips.
"My perfect princess." I whispered against her lips.
Just as I thought my world was really going to crumble and crash, a small and barely audible sigh escaped Rapunzel's mouth. Hiccup and I stared at her in disbelief. Was she alive, was she dead?! What was that. Suddenly, Rapunzel's chest rose as she inhaled the largest breath ever. Her eyelids fluttered open and her vibrant green eyes became visible.
"RAPUNZEL!" Hiccup and I screamed happily in unison. She smiled at us slightly before her face screwed up in pain.
"I'll go find some painkillers." Hiccup said urgently. I nodded, not daring to take my eyes away from Rapunzel. I edged closer to her face and whispered: "Punzel I love you so much, don't ever scare me like that again!" It came out as a slight chuckle.
"I..love you...to." She croaked. A wide grin spread across my face and I began showering Rapunzel with kisses all of her beautiful face.