Chapter 2. Lost Souls.

Rapunzel's POV
I tried to breathe as quietly as possible but I couldn't. This could be it...in the next few seconds I could die. You have to be brave. I could hear my father saying. The footsteps trudged a little further before stopping. Whoever was there sounded like they had stopped to check behind them. I took the chance. It could've been my only chance. I leapt out from behind the shower curtain and smashed my frying pan around the head of someone. They groaned and fell to the floor unconscious. I yelped and hopped back slightly. Cautiously, I examined the stranger. He had messy white hair but he looked young for someone with white hair. I rolled him over with my foot to look at his face. He's gorgeous! I internally swooned. Intricate black tattoo lines covered his neck but were cut off by a light blue jumper. His skin was pale yet it still looked youthful and healthy. The boy's plump lips were punctured by piercings on either side. The sleeves of his sweater where messily rolled up, on the boys left arm was a tattoo of the phrase "living in a world of lost souls" written out in cryptic swirls.
"Okay...now what?" I sighed in confusion. Carefully, I checked the boy over for weapons and confiscated a pistol and a knife.
"Better get back to Hiccup, he'll know what to do." I grabbed the boy's arms and began dragging him through the house and out into the deserted street. The White haired boy began to moan quietly as he woke up.
"Nearly there..." I mumbled to myself as I continued to drag him.
"Hiccup!" I called from the street. I heard the crash of glass and then the sound of someone running. I dropped the arms of the boy and wiped away the beads of sweat on my forehead. Hiccup emerged from the Pharmacy looking panicked.
"Ah! Don't worry! I'm fine...but I found someone." I said as he jogged over. Hiccup loomed over the strange boy examining him.
"How did you find him?" Hic asked quietly.
"He came into the house I was looting...I attacked him when he was off guard." I explained slightly breathless. "What do we do with him?" I asked curiously.
"Take him with us I guess." Hiccup shrugged. We grabbed one arm each and slowly started to drag him behind us.
~Hiccup's POV~
Being out in the open wasn't the safest thing to do...Punze and I dragged the boy with us and we set up camp in a forest area in the outskirts of town. Whenever I set out our sleeping bags and lit a fire for us, it reminded me of when I was younger, about ten years old when I was in the scouts. One of my first badges was for lighting a fire, and I was so proud of it.
The flames danced across the twigs as the fire began to spread. I held my hands out before the fire letting the heat engulf them. Autumn was just around the corner, the air was colder and the ground damp with decaying leaves.
Punze sat next to the boy and tended to his head wound she had caused. He was flickering in and out of conscious.
"Shh.." Rapunzel comforted as he grumbled in pain. I spun around and stared at the fire again letting the flames entrance my mind. This guy could be dangerous for all we know and there she is helping him?! I yelled internally.
Angrily, I puffed out the air in my lungs and stood up.
"You okay?" Punze asked me with concern.
"Yeah," I started, "I'm just gonna go take a piss then go to sleep." I finished as I began to wander off.
"Alright..." I heard her trail off.
~Rapunzel's POV~
I watched over the boy as he grumbled in pain. Hic had fallen asleep a while ago now, leaving me and the White haired boy alone. I chewed on my finger nails nervously as he rolled over slightly. His eyes began to flutter open. I bowed my head to get a better look at him but his head snapped in my direction and he was on his feet in an instant. Fear crossed his face like a wave. Slowly, I rose from my crouching position holding up my arms.
"Hey, my names Rapunzel..." I whispered. I didn't want to frighten him or make any sudden movements. He relaxed a tiny bit before parting his lips to speak.
"Jack..." He murmured.