Chapter 5. The hunt. Part 1.

Jack's POV
"S-She was just ere a few minutes ago, Jack!" Merida explained frantically. Jim and Ariel emerged from their tent to see what all the commotion.
"What's going on?" Ariel asked softly. My head snapped around in her direction.
"Emma is missing!" I yelled. I was breathing rapidly, almost uncontrollably fast. Rapunzel placed a hand in my shoulder and whispered reassuringly.
"Don't worry Jack. We will find your sister." She turned to the group and put on a serious face.
"I suggest we split up to find Emma." She said.
"It'll be safer if we go in twos." Merida chipped in.
"Alright. Jim and Ariel can search North, Merida, you and Jack East and Hic and I'll take South and west." Rapunzel commanded.
"I'll gather the weapons." Jim informed. Rapunzel turned back to me and wiped away the stray tears that were falling into my cheeks.
"Thanks..." I sniffled. She smiled sympathetically, her bright green eyes shining. Jim placed some weapons in front of us. I immediately lunged for my old baseball bat. Best weapon. Merida picked up her usual wooden bow and loaded some arrows into the back of her backpack. Jim grabbed his pistol before helping Ariel onto his back. Last was Hiccup. He reloaded his gun and slipped it into his belt.
"Rapunzel, where's your weapon?" Merida asked curiously. Rapunzel pulled out her old and rusty frying pan form her back pack and held it up.
"Best weapon." She winked at me.
"Yeah, that thing knocked me out cold." I chuckled. "Enough chitchat let's MOVE!" I commanded. We separated and followed different paths out into the forest.
~~~
The autumn leaves crunched under my boots as I prowled through the forest, armed with my bat. My ears were strained as a listened for the infected and my eyes were peeled searching for Emma. Merida crouched down low by a tree a few yards behind me. Skilfully, She pulled an arrow from her back pack and slipped it into place on the bow. I nodded at her and we continued forward.
After about a mile and a half, we suddenly stopped. A grassy area surrounded by tall trees was being trampled on by infected. Their blood curdling growls were loud but short. Stealthily, Merida shot an arrow clean through the head of one and it fell to the ground limp. The attack was skilful and silent. Merida took out two more until only one was left. She nodded in my direction indicating I was allowed to smash it's dead brains in. I grinned and quietly jogged around behind it. Without hesitation I plunged my bat deep into its head sending it to the floor.
"Nice work Red." I high-fived Merida.
"You to Frost." She smirked.
~Hiccup's POV~
My mind was buzzing. And not in a good way. The forest was quiet which could be good or bad. Rapunzel was close by, armed with her pan. Man I needed a better weapon then a gun, maybe I could somehow make a fire sword or something?
"Pssst..! Hic!" Punze suddenly interrupted my thoughts. I spin around and faced her, she was crouched down examining the ground.
"Footsteps." I mumbled.
"A trail of them." She concluded. Carefully, we began to follow the trail, hoping they belonged to Emma.