Chapter 22. Wrath of the beast.

Rapunzel's POV.
My eyes fluttered open after the pain in my left side became more prominent. As my vision cleared I searched around the room for my friends. Next to me, Merida was struggling to free herself from her ropes and a few feet in front of me Jim was slumped up against the wall.

"Mer!" I began sobbing. She stopped struggling and glanced up at me, panic written all over her face. 

"Punzie! Thank god you're awake! Please don't cry to loud or they'll come back again!" She whispered urgently. I nodded in response and swallowed the lump in my throat, holding back the tears. 

"Wh-what happened to Jim?" I asked quietly. Mer looked over to Jim and sighed heavily. 

"He tried to stop Belle from shooting Ariel back at the mall...she turned." Merida mumbled. Just then the door on the far end of the bleak room swung open and in walked Belle, Beast and...Elsa?! 

"Oh good to see you awake blondie!" Elsa sneered. 

"Elsa why are you doing this?!" I cried. Belle stood next to her silently chuckling to herself. 

"Well nowadays people will do anything to survive, you know how it is." She said nonchalantly. 

"So you had to betray us?!" Merida screamed in fury. 

"Why...yes." Elsa smiled. 

"That's enough Snow Queen." Belle cut in, a wicked smile was plastered to her flawless face. 

"Yes Belle." She mumbled as she backed away. I glared at Elsa as she sauntered out of the room. How could she? Was she lying all along? And where are the others too? Is Anna and Kristoff in on this too?! Jack, Hiccup, Emma! Where are they?!

"Beast!" Belle called. The tall man stepped out from behind her and stood next to her, ready for command. "Untie the blond one." She announced. Oh no...

Beast lunged forward and pulled me up by my hair, I cried out in pain as I was forced up. Next he yanked viciously on my ropes until I fell to the floor, untangled from them. Now I could see where the pain was coming from in my side, there was a huge gash on my side that was deep and dripping with blood. 

"Tell us where the white haired boy is and the weedy one too!" Beast roared. I shivered in fright because I really didn't know where they were. 

"I don't know!" I whimpered. Beast growled under his breath before violently kicking my side. I slumped to the floor, crying out in pain. Jack please be okay! I thought. Tears began streaming down my face as Beast's foot continued to collide with my body until everything suddenly went black. 

Merida's POV. 

"Please stop! Please!!!" I screamed out as I watched Beast repeatedly kick Rapunzel. Belle stood close by, watching with a grin on her face. "You evil bitch!" I spat. Belle spun around until she was facing me completely, her brown eyes fixated on me. 

"I'D WATCH YOUR TONGUE FLAME HEAD! Unless you want to end up like Blondie here...that can be arranged." Belle bellowed. She snapped her fingers and almost immediately Beast stopped attacking Punzie. He stormed towards me and hauled me up by the arm. Rapidly, he pinned me against the wall and held his other hand to my throat. Very soon I began to feel my lungs begging for oxygen. 

"Goodbye Merida." Belle smiled. Just when I thought it was all over for me, the sound of a gunshot startled everyone in the room. Beast's hand left my neck and I landed on the floor coughing for air. Beast however was now laying in a pool of his own blood. 

"BEAST!" Belle shrieked. Quickly, I glanced up looking for his killer...Hiccup! 

There in the doorway with the pistol still raised was Hiccup! Behind him stood Jack and Emma with baseball bats.  "What have you fools done?!" Belle screamed. 

"Doing what should have been done a long time ago. Everyone's gone Belle. You are on your own." Jack growled. Hiccup strode over to Belle and placed the gun next to Belle's head. 

"Please...be my guest. If I have nothing left to live for why should I?" She whispered. Hiccup stared at her for a moment before lowering the gun. 

"Tie her up Emma." Hiccup said. Emma nodded before grabbing the rope by my feet. 

"Hiccup..." I croaked the the tears that were running down my face. Our eyes met and in one quick moment our lips suddenly crashed together. 

"Thank Thor you're safe!" He mumbled against my lips. 

Jack's POV. 

As soon as Belle was tied up securely, I rushed over to Rapunzel and gingerly, held her in my arms. 

"Punzel..." I whispered softly. She didn't reply or even bat an eyelid. "Please wake up." I croaked. Slowly, I moved my hand away from her side only to see it covered in her blood. Fuck. "Hiccup! Merida!" I panicked. They jogged over and as soon as they saw Punzel's state their eyes widened in shock. 

"We need to get back to Esmeralda,  she can help." Emma mumbled. 

"You're right Em, Hicc, Mer help Jim...we need to get out of here." They nodded in response and began helping Jim up whom was still recovering. Emma lead them out the door whilst I carried Rapunzel. I took one last look at Belle who was glaring at me before leaving and slamming the door behind me.