Chapter 4. Relocation.

Hiccup's POV.
We wandered North until the sun began to rise. I walked closely to Rapunzel and The boy, who I had now been introduced to as Jack, trailed behind us.
"C'mon slacker!" I joked as I glanced behind me.
"We've been walking for miles now! Can't we have a break?" Jack whined.
"No, we have to get to a safe location." I informed.
"My group has a safe location..." Jack said slowly. Rapunzel and I immediately stopped walking and spun around on the spot.
"Your group?" She said in disbelief.
"Yeah, I was part of a survivor group until you whacked me around the head!" He pointed at Rapunzel accusingly. I pulled Rapunzel behind me protectively, something her older brother Flynn would have done.
"How many are there, in your group." I asked calmly. Jack shrugged his shoulders.
"Not many, not as much as you think anyway."
"Answer the question Jack." I was growing impatient.
"Including me there's five." Jack sighed.
"Can we...find your group?" Rapunzel asked from behind me. I moved aside, letting her speak.
"We are running out of supplies and we don't have a stable place to stay. Please Jack." Her eyes glistened in the day light. I blanched up a Jack whom was scratching his neck awkwardly.
"I-I suppose so..." He trailed of.
~Jack's POV~
I felt like I had just sold out my friends to the angry principal. But no. I hadn't. I mean what was I supposed to do? I'm sure they wouldn't have survived this apocalypse any longer, especially with their supplies shortage. We traveled back the way we came and continued forward for nearly 4 hours. I ended up giving Punze a piggyback for half an hour.
"How much longer Jack?" Hiccup asked from behind.
"I think we should be there soon, this wood is all to familiar to me. I reckon about another quarter of a mile and we'll be there." I said as I shaded my eyes from the sun.
"So tell us Jack, who's in your group." Rapunzel asked.
"Well, there's my little sister for a starter, Emma, she's twelve. Then there's Merida. I've known her since I was a kid, she's stubborn and head strong but at heart, she's kind and forgiving. Next is Ariel, we found her barley alive, all six of her sisters had been killed by the infected but she managed to escape even if she managed to break a few bones in her foot in the process. Last but not least, Jimmy boy! My wing man!" I chuckled thinking about Jim's face when I return. "He is like a brother to me. I've known him as long as Merida, but he is my best friend." I finished describing my group. We were all silent for a moment before Rapunzel spoke up.
"They sound lovely." She smiled sheepishly. I chuckled and continued walking.
Soon the sky turned a roasted orange colour and just above the trees of the forest we where wandering in I could see smoke. Not just ordinary smoke drifting off, but patterns. It must be them. I analysed the patterns and was able to translate them.
"We have wounded." The same message Merida had been sending out for months using smoke signals. Now I definitely know it's them.
"C'mon guys!" I encouraged before breaking into a jog. I ripped through the trees, speeding towards camp. I can the the edge of a clearing and was greeted by several grubby tents and a large fire with rabbits roasting over it. A wild red haired girl suddenly stood up from the fire, her face was laced with fear. Then she looked a me and it all disappeared.
"Jack!!!" She cried running over to me before attacking me with punches. "Yer friggin' idiot! We thought yer had been killed!!" She raged in her prominent Scottish accent.
"Relax Mer!" I laughed as I pushed her away. "I found some survivors." I said seriously. Merida snapped out of her anger and peered behind me. I glanced around to see Rapunzel and Hiccup smiling awkwardly.
"Bet yoou guys arr hungry? Aren't ye?" She smiled. They nodded eagerly and followed Merida back over to the fire. I found Jim and Ariel in their tent and I was greeted with a bro hug from Jim. Ariel hopped over to me and hugged me slightly. I went back out and searched around for Emma. Suddenly, worry shot through me.
"Where's Emma?!" I yelled with a crack in my voice.