Forgotten Memories

Your POV

~10 years ago~

'Mommy!!' you giggled.

'Yes sweety?'

'Can we make a cake for daddy ? He loves it when I cook !'

'Aww I'm sorry honey, but we can't, we don't have enough ingredients.'

'I will go and get some !' You cheered.

'Are you sure ? You won't be scared to go by yourself ?'

'Nope! I'm a big girl ! I can handle it! '

'Okay, but be careful and don't talk to any strangers! Even to the undergrounders !' Mommy warned me.

You nodded and your mother gave you a two coins for flour. You put on your coat and scarf as you walked out the door. The roads were at there usual, a few people here and there and a big crowd around the gates. You step up onto the wooden crates outside the vegetable shop. You look up and see the soldiers. They were on horses with big boxes on the side. They wore a light brown leather jacket, knee high boots and a green cloak with a hood. The cloak had a picture on it. One blue wing, and one white wing . You always wanted to know what it meant. To know what it even felt like... to be one of them.

You remembered that you needed to make a cake, and so went to the shop across the street. You walked into the shop. Whispers went through the shop.

'Who is she ?'

'What is she doing here by herself ?'

'Pathetic little child,'

You didn't care what people said, especially strangers . You were too naive to care. You went up to the lady who seemed to be the shopkeeper and asked for flour that cost two coins. You exchanged the coins for flour and thanked the lady. As you walked out you saw that the crowd was now gone, and the streets were empty. You nervously walk to your house. A scream was heard. Speeding up your pace to running, you ran to the house and reached the door. As you opened it, you saw your mother and father laying on the ground with open wounds on their stomachs. You dropped the forgotten flour and darted towards the emotionless bodies that lay on the floor.

'Mommy....?'

...

'Daddy???' You began to sob.

...

You knew there was no reason to stay in the house. Walking out the door you tripped and fell onto the streets.

'Your useless, you couldn't be there to save your mother and father.... pathetic' a dark voice echoed.

'Please wake up' another one said.'Please don't leave me,' It continued.

'NO! YOUR STAYING WITH ME' the dark one budded in.

'Please, I-I love you too much to let go,' the second voice continued.' You mean everything to me, you made me feel something, I feel different around you. Please don't go,' it pleaded.

You got of the wet ground, standing up straight, looking down the street, it began to stretch, becoming longer and longer. Looking back, its had the same effect. You closed your eyes, and opened them to find yourself in a white room. Looking down to the side, you saw .......