Chapter Eight: We're Falling

《Your POV》

"Mila..." I whispered and she pushed me away. "It's 11 in the morning, wake up." She stirred around in the bed before sitting up. I smiled and she laid back down. Camila pulled the covers over her head so I jumped on top of her. Someone opened her room door so I rolled off her and ended up falling on the floor. I sat up and noticed a small brunette girl looking down at me.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I gave her a small smile. I got on one knee and stuck my hand out to her. "You must be Camila's little sister. What's your name?" She shook my hand before giving me a small smile.

"I'm Sofia, you must be y/n." She answered and I furrowed my eyebrows. "How'd you know my name?" I asked and Sofia pointed to her older sister. I raised an eyebrow at Camila and she turned her head. I got up from the floor to kiss her cheek.

"You talk about me?" I asked and Camila tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before answering. "Maybe." I smiled at her answer before slipping my jacket on.

"Are you leaving already?" Camila asked sadly and I shook my head. "Nope, I'm just going to go meet your parents!" I said cheerfully and Camila rolled her eyes.

"Come on Sofi!" I bent down and she jumped on my back. I ran down the stairs with Camila following behind me. Sofia kept on giggling earning the attention of her parents.

"Hi Mister and Mrs.Cabello, I've been dying to meet you. I'm y/n." I smiled and Camila's dad shook my hand. Sofia jumped off my back and stood next to her mom.

"I'm Sinuhe and this is Alejandro." Sinuhe shook my hand and I felt something hit my foot. I looked down at the soccer ball and then back at Sofia. She smirked and I passed the ball back to her.

"Can we play?" Sofia asked shyly so I gave her my hand. "I bet you're better than me." I complimented making her smile. I felt someone put their arm around my waist so I turned my head.

"You have to take it easy." Camila kissed my cheek and I put my arm around her waist. "Don't worry I will." I stared at her lips for a second and she smirked.

"Sofi go outside, we'll come out in a bit." Camila said sternly and Sofia walked away. Camila stood in front of me and she put her arms around my neck. "Friendly kiss?" She said questionably and I leaned in slowly.

"Actually you kiss me, I always seem to make the first move." I stopped moving towards her and she groaned. Camila pecked my lips and I heard someone clear their throat. I immediately pulled away and turned around.

"Rita? How'd you find me?" I felt somewhat relieved that it was my sister and not Camila's parents. Rita crossed her arms and glared at me.

"You didn't call or text me so I tracked you down. Oh and by the way, Camila's parents are very nice." Rita smiled and I scratched the back of my neck nervously.

"They asked me to stay for dinner so now you know what you'll be doing tonight." Rita patted my back before walking back into the living room. Camila and I walked into the backyard and started to play soccer with Sofia.

"You're too good, you're better than your sister." I winked and Sofia pushed Camila. I smiled and ran a hand through my hair.

"Dinner's ready!" Sinuhe shouted out and we all ran inside. We sat down at the table, Camila sat beside me and Rita sat across from me with Sofia beside her. Sinuhe, Alejandro, and Rita made small talk but I just watched Camila pick at her food.

"Here." I raised my fork in front of her and she happily ate the food. I kissed her cheek and intertwined our hands. "You better start eating before I start feeding you." I said playfully and Camila smiled.

"That doesn't sound bad at all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll see you on Monday." I waved goodbye to Camila and she ran towards me. I opened my arms and she hugged me tightly. "Text me when you get home." She whispered and I nodded. Rita pulled me away from Camila and I pouted.

"We have to go." Rita said sternly and I got inside the car. She drove away from Camila's house and I rested my head against the window. A few minutes later we got home and I immediately pulled out my phone.

Y: Made it home safely, goodnight.

Once I hit send Camila read the message, it was like if she was waiting for my text.

C: Goodnight baby.

I sighed dramatically before plopping down on my bed. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep but I found myself tossing and turning on the bed. I just missed the feeling of Camila's arms wrapped around me and I couldn't get her out of my head no matter how hard I tried.

••Camila's POV••

After y/n left I felt empty. Even though we've known each other for a few days, I feel like she actually cares about me. I never thought I would tell someone about my past but I found myself telling her my deepest secrets. Every time that she gave me a 'friendly kiss' I'd find it hard to control myself, I just missed her so much. I knew that I'd see her in a few days but something in me didn't want to wait.

'I just wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the bed, to just wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not have sex like in those movies but just to sleep with her in the most innocent way but I lacked the courage to tell her. I was gawky and she was gorgeous, I was boring and she was endlessly fascinating but she had a girlfriend that she loved very much and I knew that I didn't have a chance. So I collapsed on my bed thinking, if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.'

--------------------------
A/N: I actually took the last part from a vine page. The name of the page is deep texts and I've got to say, it's my favorite page. I'm just ranting now so I'll just shut up. See you next time.