Chapter 34

PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END! ***Important details!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 34

By the time we made it down to the pool, Kassia and William were already in the water. I dipped a toe into the heated water and slipped in. Hopefully, I wouldn't get my hair wet. I wasn't really in the mood for a shower.

Then Max ran off the diving board yelling, "Cannonball!"

Naturally, I was the one closest to the splash. There went my goal.

I spat out a mouthful of water. "Thanks," I told him sarcastically. 

He pecked me on the lips. "Anytime."

He just seemed to know exactly what to do to make my anger at him melt. 

Kassia waved us over. "Let's play a game!"

And that was how I ended up sitting on Max's shoulders, playing chicken at approximately ten o'clock at night.

"Argh!" Kassia laughed and tried to topple me over. She was sitting on William's shoulders, and he was grinning all the way. Aww.

I shoved back with all my might, which wasn't usually very much, I might add. "Fall over already!"

"Neverrr!"

Then I abruptly lost my balance and fell backwards, pulling Max down with me. "AHH-" my scream was cut off by the water. 

I felt a pair of strong hands lift me up and I broke the surface of the water once more. Max was holding me up Lion King style. "Do not fear, fair maiden, for I am here to save the day!"

I started laughing uncontrollably. "Put me down!" I felt exposed with the way he was holding me way above the water. 

Kassia tittered. "Your bathing suit's falling down."

I yelped and when I tried to pull it up, that quick movement caused me to topple back into the pool. 

When I resurfaced, everyone was laughing. 

"Hmph. I see how it is. Make fun of the human," I grumped and started hauling myself out of the water.

I went over to a chair and flopped down. Immediately, Max got out of the pool and took the seat next to me. "Aw, Hanna, don't be mad."

I turned my head in the other direction.

"Hanna." Something in his voice just compelled me to turn, so I did, and I was greeted by the feeling of his soft lips on mine.

Now, how can I put this simply...the kiss went from PG, to nearly being rated R in a matter of seconds.

I heard Kassia make a gagging noise from somewhere when Max pulled me onto his lap, and then William shouted, "Get a room!"

"Good idea," Max shouted back, and then I felt myself being whisked away.

Wait...did he just say that was a good idea?

As soon as we got back into our room, I started shivering. My bathing suit and hair were still soaking wet.

Max cursed, "Sh*t, I forgot. Here," he threw a really fluffy blanket on top of me.

I beckoned to him with one finger and when he lay down, I scooted closer to absorb his body heat. 

"Oh, so I'm your radiator now?" he joked.

I grinned. "Yup." I swung my leg over his hip, hitching him even closer to me. "I'm cold."

He kissed my nose and wrapped his arms around me, crushing me to his chest. "You won't be for long."