Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I went immobile at his words. He's got to be kidding me, right?

Max bent his head and brushed his lips against my cheek, "Sweet dreams."

I dozed off immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Max's POV

I stood there, admiring Hanna's sleeping form. She looked so peaceful, and her perfect lips curved up naturally, giving her a pleased and content look. I wanted to wake up to her face for the rest of my life, but I knew she'd need some time to adjust to this.

I made my way back downstairs and in the kitchen, I opened the cabinet as quietly as possible, not wanting to wake anyone else in the house. No such luck.

A loud yawn emanated from behind me. "What are you doing up so late?" It was Acacia.

"I could ask you the same thing."

Another yawn escaped her mouth before she could cover it. "Got hungry."

Figures. New werewolves' appetites were sometimes even bigger than full-grown ones, at first. "Me too."

She raised an eyebrow. "Really? Why're you opening the medical supply cabinet then?"

"Ah...I guess I was distracted." I closed the door and went to the correct cabinet this time and pulled out two bags of popcorn. "Want one?"

Acacia scoffed. "Are you crazy? If we eat that now, we aren't gonna be able to brush all the little bits out of our teeth. I'll make something," she waved her hand, gesturing for me to sit down.

I grinned. "Whatever you say."

My little sister was an amazing cook, nearly as good as Carly, a twenty-four year old woman with two pups and was declared unanimously the best cook in the entire pack house. When Acacia was still a pup, instead of watching those cartoons like normal kids, she watched Food Network and things like that. It paid off pretty well in my opinion.

"And I'm guessing you were being distracted by a certain girl upstairs," she teased.

"Well..."

"I personally think you should tell her, but not now, just a little later when she's used to the rest of us; we don't want her running to who knows where when she finds out." Acacia popped some sliced potato into the pan and dashed some herbs on.

"I know, but—"

She pointed the wooden spoon she was cooking with in my direction, "It'll come naturally, you'll tell her when you're both ready. Besides, Hanna seems pretty easy-going."

Easy-going? Dear Lord. If only Acacia knew about how much persuading I had to do in order to get Hanna to go along with skinny-dipping, and even I could see that she clearly wanted to.

"Erm..." I began.

"Food's ready!" Acacia chirped, and within seconds, there was an enormous steaming plate of homemade herb french fries in front of me. "I took a recipe and changed it a little, I'm sure it'll turn out okay.."

I chewed happily on one, "Oh my God, this is amazing!"

She smiled cockily, "I know right?"

I rolled my eyes and both of us continued eating and chatting about school, the pack, and life in general until there were only crumbs on the white plate. I started to pick up the plate to put it in the dishwasher when she stopped me and took the plate from my hands.

"Go upstairs, I know you want to be with her," Acacia shoved me towards the staircase. "I'll wash the dishes, it's fine."

Before I walked up the stairs, I hugged her, "You're the best sister ever." And I sincerely meant it.