Chapter 31

WOW, I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE. 0.o

So sorry about that btw -__- I hate finals. And I'm still not done with them so don't expect any more speedy updates, at least not until summer starts ^-^

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 31

Before I knew it, weeks whizzed by and it was currently two days before Thanksgiving. Wow. Time really does fly.

I hadn't seen a single sign of the rogues once, thank God for that. Although I knew they were bound to show up some time, I was glad that they were leaving us alone for the time being.

During school, Ally and her group never bothered me anymore, and I think it had something to do with how Max told her off in the diner. Finally, I had peace and quiet for once. Asides from the death glares that she sent me whenever Max wasn't glued to my side, I'd say she finally got over him.

Max had healed up nicely after the whole fire fiasco, and at first, I'd gotten worried because of all the dancing we were doing for P.E. I was afraid that he'd reopen an old wound, even though they'd already mostly healed, but I couldn't help it; he was my mate, and I had a right to fuss over him. Now, whatever internal damage had been caused was gone, and he was stronger than ever. And ever since we'd confessed our love to each other, he never let me out of the room without a kiss and an, "I love you," in my ear.

I had been seeing less and less of Brandon and Juliette; they were already looking for a crib and furniture to put in the baby's new room. Juliette had gotten moderately better; she no longer threw up, or at least, not all the time, and by now, it was quite obvious that she was pregnant. At only two months pregnant, she looked like a woman who was already in her second trimester.

Juliette did get a few second looks in the hallways at school, but none of them bothered her, which made me relieved. She definitely did not need nasty rumors being spread about her, and I hadn't heard a single one yet, but she would've been able to handle them. She was strong.

Even the teachers skimmed over it like it was nothing out of the ordinary, but then Max informed me that the majority of the teachers already knew about werewolves and the whole mates thing. The rest of them were werewolves themselves.

I found out about a week ago that Jonathan and Taylor moved out and they dropped out of high school. At first, I was completely shocked. Turns out, they already completed their high school education and were just there to watch over the younger pack members, so it wasn't really a big deal. 

We had a going-away party for them and to be honest, I missed them already. Jonathan and his remarks, and Taylor with her energetic personality, it just wouldn't be the same without them. We promised to talk on the phone at least once a week because they had to get settled into their new home and future. They were studying at a university nearby, and to pay for the apartment, Taylor was becoming a girls' cheerleading coach for a school nearby, and Jonathan was hired as a teacher's assistant at the same school. The pay was decent, and they had looked ecstatic. 

As a going-away present, we had given them five packets of...you guessed it, glow-in-the-dark condoms. Jonathan had roared with laughter when he opened it and Taylor had hidden her laugh behind her hand. Ah, memories.

Onto another rather interesting topic, William and Kassia were back at square one. They could be considered friends...kinda. At least they could make it through a conversation without going at each other's throats. Nah, they'd actually been getting along a lot better lately, but I could see that William was really making an effort to get Kassia to see him in a not-friend way. Honestly, I just wanted to whap that girl in the head with a frying pan sometimes. She was so oblivious.