Chapter 23

Here's a new POV for you guys! ^_^ Hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 23

Kassia's POV

Eventually, I just gave up on trying to get out of William's grasp. Stubborn *ss. He went to the screening room, deposited me on a couch, and took the other side of it. I turned childishly away from him and folded my arms across my chest.

"Kassia..." I heard him start.

"Why'd you take me away? And I hardly ever understand their conversations but you won't tell me what it means!" I fumed. What was so bad about it anyway?

William rubbed the bridges of his nose. "Trust me, if you did know what they were talking about, you'd be...not you anymore."

I faced him. "What are you talking about?" I asked crossly.

"You're so innocent, and I didn't want them to corrupt you," he put air quotes around the words 'corrupt you'.

"I still don't really get it..."

"That's exactly what I'm talking about! You're so pure, you don't understand any sexual jokes or anything of that matter!" he said frustratedly.

"Oh..." So that's what they were talking about. Honestly, I didn't even want to understand. "Okay. Sorry I screamed at you," I told him.

He rolled his eyes playfully. "Sure, now you listen to me."

I punched the side of his arm. "Shut up. Now hand me that remote," I pointed.

"What am I, your servant?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Fine, would you please hand me that remote?"

He took it from the stand and sat back down. "Nah, I don't think I will," he grinned cheekily, turning the TV on.

"Hey! I asked for it first!"

"I touched it first."

"I called it!" I argued back. Why was I fighting with him over a remote?

 "Okay, here!" He dangled it in the air above my head.

I jumped out of my seat for it, but at the last second, he yanked it back and with a yelp, I crashed into him, sending both of us to the floor.

Groaning, I lifted my head and found myself lying on top of William, staring right into his dark brown eyes. They had tiny gold flecks in them and were completely mesmerizing. Without knowing, I unconsciously inched closer to him and he did the same until I snapped out of it.

I jerked my head back and got off of him quickly. Awkward...why was it even awkward anyway? He was just...kind of a friend?

"Er...sorry?" It came out as a question.

By now, he was already sitting on the couch again with me. "It's alright. But I'm picking the show." 

"Hrmph."

I watched as he flicked over hundreds of channels before settling on...

"The Suite Life of Zack and Cody?" I looked over at him.

I could've sworn he was turning red in the dim light of the theater. "Uh, wait, I didn't mean to click on that..."

"You're a terrible liar."

I think he turned even redder. "I'll just change the channel then..."

"No wait! I like this episode! It's the one with the superpowers!" I squealed and got myself comfortable in the couch.