Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I wandered around aimlessly on the third floor, searching for Khione.

"Hanna!" a shrill, demanding voice called. "What took you so long?" Khione was standing a few doors down with her hands on her hips and her foot jutted out.

"Okay, I'm coming, I'm coming, there was just a little problem in the kitchen," I hurried towards her and stepped into her bedroom.

"Whoa." That was the first word that left my mouth. I felt like I'd just stepped into either the Arctic or a very pale ocean or cloud. The walls were an extremely light, icy blue, the furniture was white, the bedspread and covers were white, there was a pale maple hardwood floor, and an icy blue chair hung from the ceiling. The only splashes of color were her stuffed animals in a corner.

"Ta-da!" She spread her arms out and twirled, "Do you like it? It's my favoritest color ever!"

"It's lovely," I told her earnestly. Overall, the room suited her pretty well.

She took ran and jumped like a gymnast onto the hanging chair. I guess Max wasn't the only athletic person in the family. He was on our school's football team, lacrosse team, and I was pretty sure he was a swimmer too.

Kiki patted the spot next to her, "Sit with me?"

"Aw, I'd like to, but I think I'd probably break your chair, or worse, your ceiling," I grinned sheepishly.

She frowned. "Oh, okay." Then she brightened up again, "We have a hammock and a swinging chair on the back porch, I can show you some other time! Wait, I have to brush my teeth. And hair." With that, she nimbly leaped down from the chair and raced into the bathroom and emerged a few minutes later with a hairbrush. "Can you help me brush? Pretty please? I can't reach the back."

I took the blue hairbrush from her and swept it through her silky blond locks. When I was done, I fishtailed her hair into a braid and tied it with...a white hair tie. Of course it was white.

Khione ran her tiny hand over the braid, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

I chuckled. "'Kay, let's go down for breakfast, I'm sure Acacia's done by now."

Grabbing hold of my hand, Kiki led me back to the kitchen where Acacia and Max were. And yeah, they were arguing like there was no tomorrow.

"You were the one who told me to get-" Max started.

"NONONO, I did not tell you to get a thick-bottomed pan, I said a thin skillet," Acacia reprimanded him.

"EVERYONE, STOP!" Kiki bellowed, and amazingly, the entire kitchen went silent. Damn. She sure had a set of lungs on her.

Max shot us an apologetic smile while Acacia shifted her weight uncomfortably from foot to foot.

"Good. Now, what's for breakfast?" Khione had already sat down at the breakfast nook.

An hour later, I was sighing contentedly after eating. Max was right, Acacia had to be the best cook I'd ever met. Her French toast drizzled in some white homemade sauce and berries was to die for.

"Another great meal, as always," Max told her.

"Eh, it was nothing. How'd you like it, Hanna?" Acacia turned to me.

I gave her two thumbs up. "Hands down, the best breakfast I've ever eaten."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Max's POV

Before walking back to my room to shower before Acacia hit me again, I sent a thought to every single pack member in the house.

Good morning guys, I kind of need a favor, it's about the human girl here. Yeah, since she doesn't know we're werewolves and having this many people in the house at the same time would be considered strange, I'm gonna need most of you to vacate the pack house for a while and go to the separate cabins, alright? Thanks everybody!