Chapter 35

*** PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END!!***

Chapter 35

Max stepped out of the closet. "We're leaving in exactly fifteen minutes."

I laughed. "Okay, Mr. Punctual."

When the sound of his footsteps faded away, I turned back to the clothes. I ended up in a simple pair of jeans, a blue blouse, and beat up black Converses. I shrugged on a black puffy coat and threw my hair into a ponytail. It was just too hard to manage it any other way.

Making my way downstairs, I just happened to sneak a peek into William's room. Well. The tables had definitely turned.

Kassia looked like she was beating him to death with a pillow...or was it a stuffed animal? I had no idea, but then I quickly ran down the rest of the way. I wasn't about to get involved in that. It was like their favorite shared pastime was fighting.

A pair of hands suddenly grabbed my waist as soon as I'd stepped onto the first floor and then Max was carrying me, bridal style, all the way to the car. He tucked me into the seat beside him and started up the engine.

I thought he'd forgotten the little 'oh, Hanna can't walk anywhere without falling over' phase. Joy.

Max laughed. "I didn't forget it. I just decided to not bring it up until now."

"But I can walk by myself!"

 "Mm."

"Whatever."

"By the way, I don't think you've given me my good morning kiss yet," he smirked playfully.

"You're driving! Do you want to get in an accident?"

"Good point. Later then."

I had a feeling that he would definitely hold me to that. 

We arrived in the mall's parking lot and after we got a spot that was fairly close to the entrance, cough, not like the last time I was here with him. 

After we hit the food court, Max and I started wandering around aimlessly. It was the day before Black Friday, and yeah, it probably made no sense for us to go shopping now, but honestly, I hated the masses of people. Sure, Black Friday had great deals, but I wasn't going to risk getting trampled on by insane shopaholics. I mean, I was one too, but still.

We did quite a bit of window-shopping, but didn't actually buy anything, unless you count three bottles of vanilla scented soap from Bath and Body Works. 

I was walking behind Max now, trying to hold in my laughter. While we were in there, I was testing out some body mist and I may or may not have used his shirt as my tester. Now he smelled like a tropical beach, but I wasn't sure if he noticed it yet...

He suddenly spun around and grabbed my hand. "You smell good."

"Heh...thanks..." I was having a very hard time keeping it in. He thought it was me! "Hey, could we er...stop in there real quick?" I pointed to the Victoria's Secret a few shops down. "I'm kind of short on bras..." 

"I have no objection to this," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. Typical guy.

I was browsing through a small rack of shirts when Max came up behind me and tapped my shoulder. "Hey Hanna? What do you think of this one?"

I choked on my own spit when I saw what he was holding. "Uh..."

Max burst out laughing. "I'm kidding! Pick whatever you feel comfortable with," he grinned.