Chapter 32

Chapter song: Comfort Inn Ending by Jhene Aiko
(Val's pov)
-1am-
It's ok. I'm not gonna get hurt. I'm gonna be fine.
It's a living hell down here, in this cold, dark room. It's more like a prison cell. I'm not alone; there's other girls in here, crying and drugged. Luckily, I'm not drugged, just scared.
I've seen guys take girls, four by four, and I never see them again.
The sound of the steel door creaking open pulverizes my thoughts.
"Your turn, sweetheart."
A guy unchains me and pulls me out of the dark room, into the dim hallway. His voice is menacing.
"You're gonna make your master a lot of money."
The guy snickers before putting a blindfold over my eyes. It's dark again.
"C'mon let's go."
This is a sex slave auction. No no no. Get me out of here. I'm not property. I'm not.
I'm afraid to do anything, because I might get in trouble. What do I do? I cry. I crumble into sobs, not caring if anyone tells me otherwise.
(Justin's pov)
Ok, I've got this. I just need to act normal, like a sex slave owner. That's easy.
Here's how it goes. I sit here waiting, girl after girl, until I see Val. When I see her, I'll jump at my chance to get her, buy her.

Buy her.

God, this is so wrong, but it's the only way. Plus, I'm not actually buying Val. I'm saving her. There's a difference.
Suddenly, there's a guy with dark hair, but I don't care about him. What catches my attention is a half-naked girl with lavender hair. She has a tattoo of a cat on her pelvis. The black, lacy panties are too familiar, because I'm the one who bought them for her. That's her. That's Valerie.
She's fearfully shaking and crying with her hands cuffed behind her back and a blindfold over her eyes. I hate this. She doesn't deserve this. There's nothing she can possibly do to be here.
This is my baby, and she's not property. She's a beautiful human being. Without hesitation, I shoot up from my chair. However, there are 4 other guys wanting to buy her.
The price went from $800 to $2000; then from $3000 to $5000. When room goes silent, I take my chance.
"$2 million."
I announce with a dead-serious tone. I'm not joking about this. Val's mine. I'm getting her out of here somehow.
"She's all yours."
The dark-haired guy directly tells me then motions me to follow him, and I do. My hands are itching to grab Val and bring her back home to me.
The guy leads me to an empty, back room. The sound of Val crying is making me insane. Every ounce of her pain is audible, and it tears me apart.
When we enter the room, the guy looks at me then glances at Val, like he's apologetic about her behavior.
"Excuse me."
Then he walks over to Val and mutters something in her ear, appearing upset.
"Behave. You hear me? And stop your crying."
He hits her, right on her delicate temple. He strikes her hard enough to hear it from where I'm standing. It takes everything in me not to strike him myself.
"You can pay me in cash or a check."
The guy turns back around to face me, and I hide my disdain on him.
"Uhm, I'll give you a check."
How could I forget to bring money to a slave auction? I'm so stupid.
"That's cool."
The guy nods, and I pull out my checkbook from my pocket. As I write down the check, I hear Val's soft yet painful whimpering. I press the pen deeper into the paper, nearly ripping it, from the anger inside me.
"Here."
I hand the $2 million check to him, faking amiability.
"Thanks..."
He examines it carefully.
"...Justin."
Then he gives me a smirk mixed in with a glare. Shit.
"Uhm, that's not my name."
Fuck. Why did I sign my name on it? Fuck. Fuck. Shit.
"That's what it says."
The guy's glare deepens and I'm panicking. Plan B. Plan B. What's plan B?!
"C'mon man, it's $2 million dollars."
This is bullshit. I'm giving him so much money, yet he won't take it. All because why?
"How do I know you're not lying?"
He's got to be fucking with me. This is pissing i off.
"Why the hell would I be lying? Dude, just give her to me."
I return the glare at him.
"This one's special."
Grabbing Val by her arm, the guy smirks.
"Ok then, give me my money back."
Dammit. Why can't he just give Val to me?
"Nope."
No, it's not working this way. I gave him the money. Now he's gotta give me Val.
"Are you sure the check says $2 million?"
I question him to make him look back at the check; when he does, I snatch Val from him and rush out.
"C'mon, I've got you baby."
I hold her frightened body close as I search for a way out. I can't go out the front or back door, because there are guards standing by them. With no other choice, I lock me and Val in an unfamiliar room.
Her unsteady breathing is hitting my ear, and she's shaking uncontrollably.
"Hey, it's Justin. Look, I'm right here. Val, I'm gonna get you out of here."
Carefully I remove the blindfold from her teary eyes so she can see me.
"Justin. I'm scared."
A tear rolls down her cheek as I break off the cuffs from her hands.
"I know, baby. We need to go out the window."
Wiping the tear away, I head towards the window.
"I'm sorry."
Val stands half-broken with her arms wrapped around herself.
"Valerie. Don't blame yourself. I shouldn't have told you that. Now, we've gotta get out of here."
My hands hold her close before before I crack open the window.
Then I hear a click right behind us. Cautiously, I turn around to see the dark-haired guy pointing a gun at us. Fuck.
Out of choices, I put my hands up, feeling helpless and guilty.
"You two, follow me. I'll shoot you if you don't."
The guy has a grim look and a cold tone in his voice.
"You're out of your fucking mind."
I glare irritably at him as I follow him out the room, Val trailing behind me.
"Shut up."
The guy shoots back at me.
"Go to hell."
I can't help it. I talk back too much.
"Get in there, on the floor."
The guy orders us. He ORDERS me? Fuck no.
"Don't tell me what to do, man."
I refuse to follow his orders, unlike Val.
"I can easily shoot her. She's just another bitch."
The gun is aimed at Val's delicate temple. She can, effortlessly, die with the pressure of the trigger.
That's when I seal my lips and sit down beside Val, who's crying endlessly.
"That's what I thought."
The guy cuffs my hands behind my back to the wall. This is bullshit. This asshole rejected $2 million for what? Nothing important.
"This one can't do shit."
The guy snickers about Val as he leaves the room. We're left alone in the sobs coming from Val.
"Justin, I'm scared."
Val repeats with a sniffle in between every word.
"I know, baby. Hey, quit crying. I hate that. Come here."
My concern for her is greater than anything else. Wiping her eyes, Val crawls in front of me but refuses to look at me.
"This is all my fault. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said. I was just upset because you're right. I'm a big control freak, and I can't stand it when I can't have what I want. Look at me, Valerie..."
I confess to her and lean as close as I can. Patiently, I wait for her broken eyes to meet mine; then when they do, I let her know that it's gonna be ok. I kiss her so deep and passionate, and I stop at her neck to take a thoughtful breath.
I need to let this sink in. I need to get us out of here.

(A/N: Another late post😁 Sorry I had to do something for school. Next post is on Friday)

📍Vote📍