Preference: Makeup [Kirk]

A/N: Eurgh, okay the Spock makeup preference is kinda killing me (I've really kinda got him and the reader in a fix and I'm having a hard time getting them out of it) so Spock's will probably be last, but in the meantime, I finished the Kirk one and the Bones one should be up soon (or at least sooner than the Spock one)

Sorry if the lack of symmetry bothers anyone's OCD tendencies (it's freaking me out a little) But here's the Kirk makeup fic. 

Live long and may the odds be ever in your favor, 

-Annora

Kirk:
Though you had stormed out of the party in a fury, you didn't make it half a block before you broke down in tears. Not quiet tears either, the heart wrenching sobs that make you shake and gasp for breath. 
Jim, your Jim, he had left you. Almost a year together and in one night, one move, you'd lost him. You didn't know what you had changed but it was obviously enough to push him away.

In your pocket, your cell buzzed and you fumbled for it. The display screen lit up as you pressed the home button. 

A new message, from Jim, little heart emoji still next to his contact name. 

Against your better judgement, you opened the message, 

"(Y/N), I am so, so sorry. Please, come back :_;"

You angrily stuffed the phone back in your pocket as a fresh wave of tears wracked your frame. The phone continued to buzz in your pocket, missed calls and unread messages piling up. 

You half sprinted up the stairs of your apartment and hastily unlocked the door. Slamming it behind you, you collapsed on the sofa and cried in earnest. 

You felt sick, you were so conflicted. On one hand pure rage fueled your emotions, untainted anger that he had the nerve to do that to you. 
But quietly, you wondered what had driven him to do that. Were you not enough for him? You didn't know and you didn't know if you would ever find the answer. 

You don't know how you managed to fall asleep that night, but you awoke the next morning still sprawled on the couch to the sound of someone knocking on the door. 

You staggered to the doorway and didn't bother to check through the peephole, unlocking the door and swinging it open. 

Standing on your doorstep was Jim. Still in the same clothes as last night, hair rumpled, eyes red (from crying, you assumed) and bouquet of flowers in his hand. 

Before you could really register what was going on, he started speaking, 

"(Y/N), I am so, so sorry and you really shouldn't forgive me but I swear to god this'll never happen again, and God knows how much I need you. I mean, Jesus the stuff you've saved me from, I don't know if I can keep going without you, and you're the most important thing in my whole goddamn world and I'm so sorr-"

"Just, Stop Jim" you managed, tears prickling in your eyes, "God knows I shouldn't forgive you..." 

You threw your arms around him and sobbed into his shoulder. The flowers dropped to the ground as he matched your gesture. 

By the time Bones found the two of you, arms and legs tangled and sprawled on the couch, he'd figured you'd more than forgiven Jim.