Christmas Special Part 1: Kirk

A/N: Hello Humanity!

So 49 days seems like a long time, but given that I'm feeling the Christmas spirit (the jar of candy cane cream that I'm literally just eating with a spoon as I write is helping) I'm starting a Christmas Special Series!
Rather than make it one giant preference that y'all wouldn't get until a couple of weeks before Christmas, I'll be publishing each chapter as an individual one shots. They sor' of go together, as Christmas on the Enterprise has to be one heck of an ordeal, but there's not really a set order. 
Enjoy, and if you guys have anything specific you want to see or a request, leave me a message in the comments or DM me (I should get all comments, but those sometimes get lost in my notifications. If you really really want to see something, a DM will be more likely to reach me)

Live long and may the odds be ever in your favor, 

-Annora

Opening the door to Jim's quarters generally held a surprise every time. Once around easter, you'd found the carpet covered in plastic eggs, and God knows how, but he had gotten ahold of a terran rabbit, which was hopping around his quarters. 

This close to Christmas, you ought of suspected some form of decoration, but you were still astounded when the door whooshed open. 

Christmas music was blasting from the entertainment center. Not the churchy, slow hymn kind, but the bouncy, poppy, sugar coated fluffy music that you could dance to. 
Garland was strung across the windows, and fairy lights were strung EVERYWHERE. Along the windows, across the entertainment center, framing the doorway, snaking into his bedroom, wound around the headboard of his bed, the works. 
In the corner of the room, there was a Christmas tree. A bloody Christmas tree. You had no idea where he got it from and weren't sure you wanted to know. 

As you stood and marveled at Kirk's decorating skills, the captain in question peeked around a doorframe, santa hat haphazardly thrown over his honey-blond hair and grinning wildly at you. 

"(Y/N)!" he exclaimed, half-sprinting across the room and grabbing your waist, picking you up and spinning you around. 
"Jim!" you squeaked. Just the room was a wee bit overstimulating, and he wasn't helping. 
"Candy cane?" he offered as he set you down. 
"Um, uh.. sure?" You mumbled. 

He handed you the candy in question,  and tugged you by the hand into the kitchenette. 
"Here, you have to see what I've done" he explained. 

On the kitchen counter, there were several packages wrapped in brightly patterned paper. 

"So this one's for Bones" he gestured to a particularly odd-shaped box, "And that one's for Pavel, and that for Sulu, and this one's for Spock, and that one over there is for Uhura...You don't like it" Jim set down the parcel he had on the counter defeatedly.
"No, no I like it, I really do" you explained, "It's just... a lot, it's a lot going on"
He tugged off the santa hat, "It's ok, I go a little overboard, I get it" he mumbled.
"Jim, I didn't mean it like that. I just haven't been around a happy Christmas in a long time" you soothed. 
"Christmas was the only really happy holiday I had" Jim said, "My mom always made sure she was home for Christmas. She'd miss my birthday, or Sam's, but she'd always make sure she could come home for the holidays" 
"oh, Jim" you threw your arms around him and buried your face in his chest, "I'm so sorry. It's great, it's perfect, I just didn't expect it" 
"You mean it?" he asked.
"absolutely" 

He laughed softly, and you looked up and noticed mistletoe hanging from the kitchen cabinet. 
"Did you...?" you gestured to the plant in question. 
"Can't break tradition, can we?" he smirked at you as he leaned in to kiss you. 
As your hands tangled in his hair and he pulled you closer, you wondered if it might be a merry Christmas after all.