Kirk

A/N: Hai everybody! This was requested by @whovian3135. Hope you like it! :)

"Mom??? Dad???" A soft voice called through the thin walls of your quarters. You sighed, and reached across the mattress for your husband.

"I've got it" he muttered sleepily. You blearily opened your eyes, and made a soft noise.

"No, I've got it" you muttered, pushing your (h/c) hair out of your face and sat up.

Neither one of you seemed inclined to go back to bed, so the two of you made your way to your daughter's bedroom.

Both of you stood in the doorway of her bedroom, and saw her small frame sitting anxiously on her bed. She had her arms wrapped around her shoulders and a frightened expression.

"What is it, sweetheart?" Jim said softly, as he threaded one arm around your waist.

"I had a bad dream" she murmured, pulling the blankets up around her shoulders.

"oh, sweetheart, you know nobody can hurt you when you're home" Jim said, crossing the room and sitting on the edge of her bed. You followed.

"I know dad, but I'm still scared" she said, crawling in her father's lap as soon as he sat down.

"I know, kiddo. It's gonna be alright" he hugged her tightly, and you pet her hair from your spot next to Jim. She had her father's bright blonde hair, but your (e/c) eyes.

Jim held her until she drifted off to sleep again, you both offering encouraging words and she faded to sleep.

"I promise nothing will hurt you when I'm here. Anything wrong on the ship and I'm the first to know. You don't have anything to worry about" Kirk whispered.

When she fell asleep, Jim carefully laid her down on her bed and pulled the blankets around her. You smiled as he kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight Albany" he said, carefully standing up so he wouldn't wake her.

You both slipped quietly out of the room, and back into your own.

"You're really good with her" you commented.

He shrugged, "I just remember what that feels like, and told her what I would've wanted to hear when I was her age"

"Well, Jim, you're very good at remembering then" you smirked, knotting a hand in his shirt.

A small smile graced his face, and you kissed before going back to bed yourselves.