Preference: Makeup [Spock]

A/N: So I have had a minor epiphany regarding Spock and the reader's storyline in the makeup/breakup mini-series, so this is coming to you guys a lot faster than I thought it would, hope you enjoy and sorry for the (slight) delay.
A note on creative license: I tried to keep as much accuracy in the actual Vulcan culture as I could, but I did have to tweak a few things both to keep it within the storyline and because some aspects are not clearly detailed in reachable sources. I did search Memory Alpha, the star trek wikia page, for as much detail as I could. For the casual fan, this should be good, but apologies to anyone intently scrutinizing for accuracy, as this is not perfect.

Also, Bones' should be up soon, I already have his storyline figured out, it's just the task of putting it down to the page, and I wanted to get this fic down before I forgot it (I swear, sometimes I'm Dory from Finding Nemo).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N Pt. 2:
I am an uncoordinated dork. Earlier I tried to hit the 'Save and Preview' button and my hand slipped and hit the 'Publish' button before it was finished.

I unpublished the chapter before hopefully too many people could see it, but my apologizes to anyone who saw the unfinished version or anyone who got the notification and was very confused.

Live long and may the odds be ever in your favor,

-Annora

"Hey (Y/N)! Wait up!" Kirk jogged to catch up to you in one of the ship's hallways.

"Yes, Captain?" You were struggling to keep your emotions in check. It had only been a few hours earlier that you had broken up with Spock, and it still hurt.

He took a deep breath, "Okay, I know you're not gonna want to hear this, but Spock didn't mean to hurt you-"

"Captain I would rather not discuss my personal involvement with the commander at this time" you snipped,

"yeah only we can't really put this off as there's kinda a high chance Spock might die if we don't get this sorted out soon" Kirk explained

"Die? Kirk, what the hell are you talking about? I mean I knew you were a bit dramatic, but this is getting out of hand-"

"No, (Y/N), c'mon just listen. I know you're angry and kinda rightly so but he really needs your help"

"Give me one good reason why I should help him" you spat

"One, because he's in love with you, and two, because he might legitimately die if you don't" Kirk pleaded.

"Jim, you don't get it do you?" your voice faltered, "I don't know what he told you, but he was, he is, married. He was cheating on his wife with me and never said a word about it to me. He betrayed her, and me. You really think he wouldn't betray you? Tell you some lie to get your help getting us back together?-"

"-That's where you've got it all wrong (Y/N)!" Kirk exclaimed, "Just let me explain all this. I would let Spock but he's kind of unconscious in med-bay"

"Unconscious? Jim, what is going on?" panic welled in your chest. As much as you violently tried to fake that you couldn't care less about Spock, you were still in love with him.

"THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FREAKING TELL YOU FOR THE PAST TEN MINUTES!" Jim huffed,

"Then spit it out already!" you snipped.