Chapter 30

Cornelia's POV

It had been 3 hours since Dmitri was unconcious. He was still laying unconcious in the hospital bed now. The cops immediately brought him here when they had found him injured.

The doctor said he had lost much blood. Luckily, the doctor said the bullet didn't shoot his vital organ. He was very lucky, because it shot near his vital organ. However, it was stated that it would take days, or maybe weeks for him to recover.

I had been near him since I came back from the police office. The police asked many questions from me, Kallum, and Colton. It seemed like they had make a book of questions. I also learnt about the truth. Dmitri was the one who called the police. I didn't know when, but the police said that.

It was a relieved that Jacob calmed down. He and his team were brought to the jail immediately. However, him being jailed, was just for period time. He would need to get a real and official punishment from the court. It also prevail for Richard and his other minions.

As for me and my wounds, I had been treated well by the doctors. I had one stitch near my eyebrow. That would be a sculpted memory. I had no dangerous damage, only scratches, bruises, and small wounds. For my mental, I was mentally fine. No any new phobia or syndrome.

Now, here, Sandra, her father, Colton, Kallum, and me were her to be near Dmitri. Sandra hadn't stopped crying at all. She was hysterical at first, bit she was a bit calm now.

[15 minutes ago]

Sandra went out of the administration room. She walked like a walking dead, with a very pale face.

She looked up and her gaze caught Colton and me. Suddently, she kneeled in front Colton, "Colton, maybe it's not the right time, but I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for all thing I have done to you. I even ruin your relationship with Cornelia. I'm sorry, Colton. Maybe all these things happen to me because of karma. God punishes me." Sandra sobbed.

"No, no it's not, Sandra. It's not God's punishment. It's alright. It's part of my fault too. I could have reject you, but I didn't. It's my fault." Colton kneeled with her and raising her up.

My heart throbbed. No matter what situation they talked about that accident, my heart was still pained. It still hurted me. I couldn't forget about that thing and I couldn't forget my pain. Sure, I said I forgive Colton, but it didn't help me to remove the pain. Not even ease the pain.

"Yes, Sandra. It's not all your fault. It's his fault. You could have failed that time, but you did it because his partisipation." My voice was rather in a sarcastic tone than a shaking voice, which was surprised me. I felt a hard and questioning gaze same from Colton, but I just let it be like that.

"Still, it's my fault. I beg for forgiveness. I'm sorry to break your relationship. I'm sorry to make your life like a living hell."

I pulled both of the corner of my lips. It was a stupid action of me, trying to smile while enduring the pain. I bet my face would look like a clown.

"No, it's not. My life has been like a living hell since my parents left me. And.. You have said this for mulriple times, but.. Correction, Colton and I didn't have any relationship like you think. We are just friend, right Colton?" I asked him, hoping for a yes answer came from him. But he didn't answer it, he just took a glance at me and then stared at the floor.

[End of flashback]

"Lia, let's talk." Colton said tiredly. He had panda eyes and it seemed he was aging by now. He looked very tiread and exhauted.