Chapter 27

Cornelia's POV

Someone entered the room. He looked down. I just could see his silhouette.

I squinted my eyes, "Dmitri, is that you?" I blinked my swolen eyes rapidly.

He didn't answer me.

"Who are you?" I asked that someone. My hands started to shake. My feet were shaking. My face turned to pale. Fear was written on my face.

I was afraid that this someone might hurt me again. I'm afraid that he was sent here to abuse me.

My cheeks, my face, they were numb already. I couldn't even feel tears rolling on my cheek.

My face.. I didn't know what it looked like. I just had been abused for an hour and I had looked like this. I didn't know what will happen next. I just could wish that someone will came and saved me.

Tears were already rolling on my cheek.

"Don't be afraid. I will not hurt you." The voice surprised me.

"Who are you?" I asked again.

There was only silence. He didn't answer me.

"Is that you, Dmitri?"

He didn't answer me. I just gave up on asking. I knew I was still afraid. I didn't trust what this person said. I believed he could attacked me whenever he wanted.

"Yeah, it's me."

It surprised me. Not only his sudden answer but also what he had said.

It was Dmitri! My evil cousin!

"W-why are you here?" Only air was talking to me. He didn't even bother to answer my question. "P-please d-don't hurt me."

"I have said that before. I will not hurt you." He answered me in frustation. I could sense anger in his voice. His voice was shaking.

He suddenly moved toward me. I tried by best to moved away, but I couldn't do that. The chair and rope were tying me and I couldn't make a single move.

"Don't be afraid." He said. When he was near, in front of me, I could see his face. His face's condition was probably similar to mine. He has a black eye and few cuts on his face.

He touched my cheek which made me yelped in pain. He hushed me, putting his finger on his lips. I needed to keep my voice down. If Jacob heard us, he would probably came here to finish our lives. Yes, I said our. I wad sure that he abused his own son too. It was hard to believe this, but I thought he did this to his own son who had his own blood and flesh. I believed Dmitri would not hit himself, it must be Jacob's doing! He was really cruel!

"You are bleeding here. You had few cuts on your cheek. It's probably because of my father's nails." He looked into my eyes. "I'm sorry I don't have any medicine with me. And I'm sorry because I treat you badly. I'm not a good cousin. Moreover when you lost your parents, I was not thre to comfort you. I should do that as your cousin. And I was a bastard that time. I choose to follow my father. Damn it!" I could see the mix of regret, sorrow and anger in his eyes. I knew he was not acting, his eyes told me. He showed me an honest and innocent face.

"Why?" I asked him. He only gave me a questioning look.

"What?" He asked.

"Why did you hurt me? Since we were a kid, you always stole my toys, tricked me, played pranks on me and bullied me. Why?"

He sighed, "It's my father's order. He demands me to hurt you. I have never had the intention of hurting my own cousin. I don't have a sister and yiu are like my own sister, my biological sister that I have never had."