Chapter 22

Cornelia's POV

"Ready?" Colton asked us with half whispered.

I nodded. "Let's go."

Today is the day. We will sneak into The Parker's Mansion.

We have planned this for about one week. And We made sure that Colton's team do their works perfectly. We didn't want any single mistake. We wanted it to be perfect.

We prepared everythings according to our plan. Well, Colton's hacking team has been working to hacked the CCTV system. Alex and Tori paired to dig more information about Parker Corporation. Sean gave us encouragment. And last, but not least, is the execution time. It's my, Kallum and Colton's job.

And now is the time.

We didn't enter the mansion from the front door of course. We are not stupid. We choose to enter from my old room.

We choose that room because that room is the nearest room to the library. And from Alex and Tori's research, that room was empty. No one used that room since I left.

However, my old room is in the seconde floor. That make us need more effort.

We will climbed to that room using a rope. We have made sure before that there were no guards around here.

Colton and Kallum worked together to make the rope stucked on my balcony. And yes, fortunately my room has its balcony.

"Okay, so I will climb this first. And then I will help Lia to climb this rope from above. And you, you need to be prepared if Lia fell. You need to help us to straighten the rope." Colton said.

"No, I will climb first. You do the supposed to be my job!" Kallum protested.

"No, I can help her from above." They glared at each other as they kept fighting with half whispered voice.

"Guys! We need to get this done as soon as possible. We are not here to fight over small things. We are here to get this mission done!"

They shut their mouth.

"Okay. Because Colton is the plan maker, you go first. And Kallum, you go last."

They both nodded.

Colton started to climb the rope as I held back my breath. My heart beat so fast. It's not because I fall for him, it's because I was extremelly nervous. But it seemed that my nervousness was unreasonable, Colton looked so calm yet his movement was fast. He looked like a spider. We don't even straighten the rope. The rope kept wobbling, but he kept climbing until his feet reach the balcony.

My.. turn.. I was completely nervous. I'm afraid of height. My palm was sweating. Sweat was falling from my forehead.

"Lia, Come one."

"I.. I.. I can't."

"Of course, you can, Lia. I will pull the rope from here, so you don't need to climb. Okay?"

I let out a nervous sigh. I grabbed the rope. I let out a squeal when Colton started to pull the rope. I immediately shut my mouth, afraid that someone might heard my squealed. I got higher and higher. I could feel that even though I shut my eyes.

"Got you." Colton said as he held my hand and pulled me up. I let out a relief sigh. Colton threw the rope to Kallum. Kallum started to climb and arrived at my balcony.

I led the way to the inner side of the house. We moved slowly, very slow. Sometimes we would hide behind a door or a cupboard, the mansion has busy people who live here. Pathetic, all the house assistants were like a slave now. All the happy face that I have seen before become an old face with wrinkles. I have left for 4 years, but that's not enough years to made those wrinkles. They looked so tired and lifeless.