Chapter 1 [Edited]

New story here! I hope you will enjoy this story. And I hope this story will have many readers. English is not my mother tongue. So this story is practically has grammar and vocabulary ERROR. You've been warned! Thanks for reading this story! ^^

[Edited]

-1004WithoutWings-

-----------------------------------

Cornelia's POV

"Mr. Jensen, please give me another one week. I will pay for the rent."

"I can't. I help you because your parents are my best friend. But my family and I need this money too."

"I have no where to live...and I have no money now."

"Sorry, Cornelia. You need to leave now. I will give you one hour to pack all of your things."

Mr. Jensen said that and left. My life was completely a mess now. I had no money and now I had no where to live. I let out a sigh, I needed to start packing my things.

My name is Cornelia Josephine Parker. I'm 20 years old, I'm the only child in my family. I graduated from a well known university in New York. Yes. I graduated. I got a full scholarship because I'm very clever; I graduated as a business management student with 4.0 GPA. I had a high GPA. But now, I was unemployed. No one accepted me in their company.

It was all because of that someone... My so called uncle, uncle Jacob. He made my life more miserable. Every company that I had filled told me that I could never get a job because I had a bad record from Parker Corporation. What the hell was that! I had never worked at my parents company! How come I could get bad record! It was all because of him! Jacob Robert Parker! I would never forgive him!

Let me tell you my whole story before you get confused. I was born in a very happy and rich family. The Parker family. We had a very big company, we lived happily. But everything has changed since that accident, It all started from 4 years ago. I was 16, when a car accident happened. The accident that took my father and mother's life. That night, they told me that they will be late and I don't have to wait for them...

*4 years ago*

"Hello?"

"Lia"

"Oh! Hi! Mom"

"Sweetheart, Your dad has a delayed meeting, so we will be home later. You don't need to wait for us. I'm sorry, sweetheart. It's your birthday but we can't celebrate it. We are really sorry."

"Nah. It's no problem, Mom. We always celebrate my birthday together. So it's no problem for me, It's my turn to respect your job. Good luck with the meeting!" I don't feel sad at all, I'm proud of my mom and dad.

"We are sorry, sweetheart. Tomorrow we will celebrate your birthday, tomorrow I promise you."

I giggled. "Okay, mom. No need to be sorry. I know you two will always be there for me"

"We are so proud of you, Lia. I love you, sweetheart. Take care of yourself at home." I heard my dad say that.

"I love you, Lia. Take care! We are going to enter the meeting room now. Bye!" My mom said.

"Bye! I love you both! Take care of your work! Be home soon! Good luck!!" With that I ended the call.

Later that night, I was asleep. I woke up because I got a call... It's from the police. I had a bad feeling. He informed me that my parents got in a car accident and they died there.