Chapter 20

Cornelia's POV

"Kallum, I'm going to Colton's office now. I just want to let you know." I phoned him.

"Are you sure, Lia?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"But he has hurt you. He deserve no help feom you."

"Yes, he hurt me. But it doesn't mean that I can't help him."

"But, Lia..." He was going to say something. But I cut him off.

"Stop it, Kallum. I have persuded you and you agree with that. And now, why's with that protest?" Yes, I have persuaded him yesterday. It took a long time to persuade him. He is too stubborn.

"I just want to make sure that my sister will be alright."

"I'll be alright, Kallum. I have promised you that I will call you immediately if he dares to do something with me."

"Okay. Okay. Make sure you keep your words."

"Okay. Have a good day, Kallum. Bye."

"You too. Bye."

We ended the call. I went to the car port. I was accompanied by Kallum's bodyguard. See? My brother is so protective. He didn't let me drive the car. You are not going to believe this, but actually he wanted to drive me there and accompany me. But of course I refused. He had to go for work.

"Good morning, Ms."

"Good morning, Peter."

He opened the door for me. He let me in first before he closed the door. And walked to his side as a driver.

You know, my life has compeletely change. From the rich Cornelia from the well know Parker family. And then turned to Cornelia the orphan who had no money and unemployed. And then someone offered me a job as a fake girlfriend. Sadly, my life became worse. And now, I'm still in the state of 'worse life' but I met the light. I met my brother. And it brighten me a lot. I had the supports that I need. I had the love that I always missed.

"Ms, we have arrived."

"Oh, thanks."

"You're welcome."

I went out of the car and entered the building in front of me. I still remembered Colton's office. It's on the 38th floor. He owned the whole floor. But before going to that floor, I paid Susan a visit. She and the others are on the 37th floor.

"Good morning, Cornelia."

"Good morning, Susan."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too." She hugged me.

"Mr. Steward has been so moody after you resign from your job. He has fired many workers. He never looked for another secretary."

I jusr rolled my eyes. He never looked for another secretary. But maybe he still looked for another toys.

"Susan, I want to meet him. Is he available?"

"Yeah. He is. He is available until this afternoon."

"Okay. See you soon, Susan."

"Be careful! Just don't make him angry."

I just laughed. She is quite old, but she has sense of humor.

"I won't."

I walked to the elevator. But someone grabbed my hand.

"Alex, you scared me!"

He just laughed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"How are you doing?"