Chapter 11

For a while Connor just stood there shocked. Then, his eyes started to tear up as he ran over to me and embraced me. I felt my shoulder get wet as tears ran down his face. I wrapped my arms around him, myself crying as well. "Sam, I had no idea" he said sniffling. "This Brian guy I'm pretty sure doesn't know how much he screwed up. He lost the most beautiful girl in the world. He's a jerk. He didn't deserve you, Sam. You are an intelligent, beautiful, talented, amazing woman. If he wants to throw that away, then fine. All the more to me! But I don't think he realizes who he lost. He lost someone as rare as a diamond and as beautiful as one too. I'm here for you no matter what. I promise. And if I have to go best up this Brian dude, I will. I'm here to protect you and stay with you until the end. I won't let him hurt you. You can trust me." Connor said. Oh no... Here come the water works. I started bawling as I dug my face into Connors chest and brought my palms onto his chest. He curled his arms around my body and it warmed me all around. When I finally started to calm down, I said thank you to Connor. I didn't know what else to say. His words made me speechless. Connor held out his hand as I intertwined my fingers in his. We started walking out of the forest back to Sam's house, where we could have some privacy for a little bit until the rest of the gang came from the treehouse. We headed up to Sam's room right away. Everyone beds were still set up, so we laid back down on our pallet of blankets. Connor leaned up against Sam's dresser as I sat on his lap with my head on his shoulder and my arms wrapped around his waist. He gently laid his hand on my lower back, rubbing circles on it to soothe me. After awhile, I slowly drifted off to sleep.