Chapter 23

When I woke up the next morning, I was still asleep on Connor's chest. I got up quietly after kissing his cheek and started to brew some coffee. Why? Because Connor is obsessed with coffee. I threw my hair over my face and pulled it into a high messy bun and when into the fridge to grab some eggs, when I saw a plate of chocolate covered strawberries with a little note taped to the plate. "Sweet, Ruby Red Strawberries. Covered In Bitter Chocolate. Sweet And Bitter, Amazingly. Both

Tastes Go Together... Perfectly". His handwriting neatly printed on the paper, the words that made my heart swell, and the voice inside my head reading it to me... All his. I know... Everyone thinks this has to be fake. Honestly, half the time I think it's fake. How could I have totally and completely fallen in life with someone I met less than a month ago? This only happens in fairytales... But with how Connor was treating me and how he was making me feel, I felt like I was in a fairytale. He put so much time and love into our relationship. He did anything he could to see me happy. My smile reassured him. I couldn't stand it. I walked quietly to where Connor lay sleeping and I curled back up against him. Before I would decide to fall asleep in his arms again, I looked at him for a minute as he slept. I could tell in his face that right as I came and curled up to him again, a gentle smile edged at his lips. And no doubt, when I curled up against him, I smiled too.

---------------------------------

Later that day, after we woke up and got dressed, we decided to go ice skating... Because who doesn't love ice skating in the summer? Before we got there, we picked up Nikki and started driving to the ice rink. "Hello?" I answered as Kian called me on my phone. "What are you and Connor doing today?" He asked. "How do you know I'm with Connor?" I asked. "Sam... Connor is always with you," he said giggling. "Touché," I said, "We're heading to the ice rink!". "Ok we'll meet you there in 20 minutes!" He replied. "Hey Kian, how do you know that I don't want to just have a nice little date with Connor?" I said, smirking, even though I knew he couldn't see it from behind the phone. "Sam," Kian said, "You can never have to much time with your friends!" He said. I could clearly hear him smiling... Yes it sounds weird. But whatever! "Touché once again," I said, "See you in 20".

{Hey guys! It's the author Sam! Once again, I am SOOOOOOOOO sorry for not updating in a while! There is no need for excuses. I'm just really sorry. OH MY GOD THE BOOK HAS REACHED OVER 200k READS! THAT IS BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONSTANT SUPPORT AND ADMIRATION. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH