Chapter 29

I've been sitting in the waiting room of the hospital for hours as I wait for news of Connor. His parents made the decision. Connor would have the procedure done on his brain. He had too. What would they say? "No, I don't want my son to have this procedure done and I want him to have the risk of dying"? Of course they wouldn't say that. I'm glad they made the decision to have the procedure done. It gives him more of a chance of life... It seems like I'd been sitting here for ages when a doctor comes out of a hallway and walks up to us. "Mr and Mrs Franta?", he says. They both jump out of their seats and run over to the doctor, as do I. "We performed the procedure on his brain and he's doing better. He's still in the coma but since we performed the procedure, his vitals are doing better and his blood levels have been normal. So things are looking pretty good right now." But I had to ask it.... "What about his memory?" I said. "We still aren't sure what's going to happen with that. We need to do some more small tests and things to try to see what will happen". We said our thank you's to the doctor and then sat back down. The doctor peeked his head out of the hallway and said "I think you're safe to come in and visit him as well". My heart skipped a beat. Finally.... NOW I get to see him. We walked down a couple hallways into the ICU and got to his room. His parents walked in and as I started to walk in, a nurse stopped me and said, "I'm sorry. Immediate family goes first. You can come in to see him in about 2 hours or so". My heart sank. "Oh," I said, "okay then". So there went that... I headed back to the lobby to wait impatiently to see my unconscious love of my life...

--------------------------------------

"Sam..." I heard someone say faintly. "Wake up, sweetie. You can go see Connor now..." Said the same voice again. I jolted up at the sound of his name. It was Mrs.Franta, her eyes red and puffy and her skin pale. "I can?!" I said with a big smile. "Yes, you can. Maybe he'll react when you come in... Just, be strong. It's hard seeing him like this," she said. I smiled, took her hand in mine, and said, "I will".

----------------------------------------

The ICU was only a couple hallways away but it felt like miles. I walked at a very fast speed as I braced myself to see him. When I finally got to his room, I stepped up to the door and laid my hand on the cold metal. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open. There he was. Right in front of me. I ran over to the hospital bed and fell onto the floor. Tears flowed down my face as I held his hand in mine. He was as pale as a ghost and I could see his veins distinctly on his cold skin. His eyelids were shut and his lips were cracked. He had a tube in his arm to give him nutrients and other things and was hooked up to a ventilator in his nose to help him breathe. There were so many machines and wires and beeping that I would think we were in an arcade game. I rubbed my finger against the top of his hand and looked at his face. "Hi Con...." I said wearily. "I haven't seen you in a while, huh?". I smiled softly as a tear rolled down my face. "How've you been doing? I miss you..." I said as I laid my head down on his chest and listened to his heart beat. "I-I'm-..." I struggled to get the words out of my mouth. "I'm sorry I got you into this mess... It's my fault... But please. Please just come back. I can't take this life without you. You're my world. I don't know what I'd do without you... You're my world, Connor. And I promise I'll make it up to you. There's so many people here that want you to be okay... I just... I love you Connor. I love you", I said as tears streamed down my face. "I'll stay here all day and all night for you. I will. I'll be by your side every step of the way. I promise" I said. I stood up and kissed the little birth mark he has on his forehead. Even though he wasn't conscious, I did everything I'd normally do with him. I intertwined my hand with his, making sure I didn't tangle and chords in the process. I turned on the hospital tv and put on one of his favorite movies. I kissed his hand and forehead frequently. I rested my head on his shoulder. It felt like everything was alright...

--------------------------------------

My eyes opened and it was bright outside. I was in the hospital waiting room again. "You fell asleep in the room with Connor last night... But they wouldn't let you stay in there all night so I carried you down here," said Mr.Franta. "Thank you," I said groggily. I was exhausted and my eyes stung from crying the night before. "A nurse came this morning and told us that ever since you went in the room, Connor has been better than ever," said Mrs.Franta quietly. Ever since I went in the room he's been doing better... Maybe I helped him. Maybe he understood everything I said. Maybe he'll come back.

--------------------------------------

{hey guys! It's the author Sam here! Ummmm... Yes. I haven't updated in 3 months. To be perfectly honest, I didn't have much motivation to write at the time... But then I realized how many people like my story and how many people wanted me to update and I realized I couldn't let y'all down. So here I am! I'm back! I'm not promising that I'll be updating more frequently considering school is starting up again soon, but I'll try my best. You all mean the world to me and I love you guys with all of my heart. Please don't get mad if I don't update every week or soon enough. I try my best and it takes a while to get inspiration to write. In the meantime, I hope you all liked this chapter! I tried making it longer to make it up to you guys! Follow me on Twitter (@samgrobmeier) and Instagram (@samgrobmeier)! You can also subscribe to my collab channel (YouTube.com/user/6AwkwardTeens) and my main channel (YouTube.com/user/feboo27)! If you comment on my Instagram pictures about LOVESTRUCK, I'll probably delete it because I don't want people from my school knowing about it. But I appreciate all of your love and support! So thank you guys for everything! I love you!}